Finaly Found the Video with the Giant Mantis 20cm + ...

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SilentDeviL

Reaction score
Is around 22min 20 second where u 'll see the mantis, If u don't want to see the complete video ..

My Point to the post is just to Clear the pic we saw 1yr back when People are saying is Fake ,So I 'm just trying to Prove the pic is real and not trying to judge who's holding it adult or a kid .....

That's one Big mantis .. lol ..

Here is another link If you want to see bigger ver of the Video . http://v.ku6.com/show/Nj7jm0r8NUfq7wtZ.html

http://player.ku6.com/refer/Nj7jm0r8NUfq7wtZ/v.swf

Last edited by a moderator:
This vid has been brought up before. Most people said it was a fake.

As for H. Majcusa .. My Friend in Australia said the Biggest one he saw was 13.2cm In the Sydney Museum the largest I have raised is 11.2cm .

This vid has been brought up before. Most people said it was a fake.
Look at the Video ur self I don't think is fake the mantis was moving ..... and I don't see a point form Discovery to make the Mantis Part of the Video fake ... Go Look at the Video not just the Pic I post , I agreed looking at the pic kinda looks fake , But after I saw the Video i don't think so .. Is located 22min 20 second

Last edited by a moderator:
Uhg actually the video didn't answer the main question which is what is the size of the person holding the mantis. We still don't know if the person holding the mantis is a full grown adult or a child.

Uhg actually the video didn't answer the main question which is what is the size of the person holding the mantis. We still don't know if the person holding the mantis is a full grown adult or a child.
Exactly.

If u look at the Pic ... It looks like a adult to me from the arm .. But even if was a child he would be 10yr or older ... So the Mantis that was holding is easily over 20cm don't matter if is adult or child..

My focus was to show the Video so we know this Pic was not fake ... Not trying to prove who's holding the mantis.

Wrong continent... Please post pics of your bigger mantids.
Male macromantis: http://s1310.photobucket.com/user/mantodea_brazil/media/macromantismale_zps484bdb4f.jpg.html

Female:
macromantisonhand4_zps1e6d1ff7.jpg

That does not change the fact that Macromantis is a south American sp. And no Macromantis does not even get close to 20cm.

That does not change the fact that Macromantis is a south American sp. And no Macromantis does not even get close to 20cm.
I suppose you've bred them for multiple generations and are an expert on the subject.

Macromantids hold the current world record for wingspan of mantids capable of flight. Males have an average wingspan of 17cm, and their body reaches about the same length. Females are even bigger.

macromantis-male16cm_zps544f7c7b.jpg