First meal for Chinese?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

After Effect

Reaction score
I'm positive that it has been said 400 times in all the threads that I've read; however...

I have everything but food, I really don't know when they are going to hatch they are from a garden supplier, would they have given it the cold cycle that Chinese oothcae need?

Been to all the pet-stores looking for Fruit Flies to no avail. I know this species is large so could they perhaps handle small crickets?

I plan on ordering a fruit flies but what kind should I get? Hydrei, Malenogascar, yellow, black or what?

Please forgive me if I've overlooked a thread that discusses this, I've been looking all day and I think I'll get in trouble if I don't get any work done tomorrow ;)

I'm positive that it has been said 400 times in all the threads that I've read; however...I have everything but food, I really don't know when they are going to hatch they are from a garden supplier, would they have given it the cold cycle that Chinese oothcae need?

Been to all the pet-stores looking for Fruit Flies to no avail. I know this species is large so could they perhaps handle small crickets?

I plan on ordering a fruit flies but what kind should I get? Hydrei, Malenogascar, yellow, black or what?

Please forgive me if I've overlooked a thread that discusses this, I've been looking all day and I think I'll get in trouble if I don't get any work done tomorrow ;)
You could get hydei black. Chinese ooths dont need a diapause (A period of cold) i think thats what its called. L1 will definately need FF at first but Hydei is what i used when i had these

Pretty much any fruit fly will work. They don't need a cold cycle so they could hatch any day now. Do not get discouraged if you lose a lot as that is normal. Good luck.

Latest posts