Flower Mantis

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mantiscraze

Reaction score
They are growing up fast.

016.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg

Great colors!

Do you have them in a very light colored environment? I have a Creo. pictipennis that loves a yellow silk flower to hang out in and it is paler, more yellow than the others.

I have an assortment of fake flowers and floral moss in the enclosure.

Great colors!

Do you have them in a very light colored environment? I have a Creo. pictipennis that loves a yellow silk flower to hang out in and it is paler, more yellow than the others.

LOL, there is a very interesting story involved with these babies. Some members have been following the story (http://mantidforum.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=21843&st=0&p=163258&hl=+first%20+meal&fromsearch=1entry163258). Anyways, I think they are Creobroter something.

I had 4 of these beautiful mantids survive from the unexpected hatch. They were doing great. Then, a few days ago, one of them got eaten by the cricket I fed him. I guess it was a bit too big and that cricket put up a fight and won...very sad. I will update the pictures in a few days.

Somehow i missed commenting on these great pix. Very nice! What species?

I remember that post.
laugh.gif
I just went through it again.

If the ooth came from Rich S, it is most likely Creobroter pictipennis. 99.9% sure, as it is the only Creobroter on his "kept" list. I just checked on the other thread.

SO...99.9% it is Creobroter pictipennis.
biggrin.gif

Great photos!!!

(leave it to the orchid grower - me - to not use any orchids in his photos yet :) )