Flower Mantis

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Best buddies!

Piggyback ride

044.jpg

Faster my valient steed! Onward to the promised land.

043.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Woke up this morning and found that I have my first adult male.

053.jpg

It's been quite a journey, from ooth to adulthood.

481.jpg

03.jpg

2 new adult males, can someone please confirm the species? Creobroter pictipennis?

Paying hide and seek

060.jpg

Grooming

061.jpg

Female is still a subadult

062.jpg

Hopefully it will molt into an adult soon

063.jpg

They look like my C pictipennis male:

i-kNQgpHX-M.jpg

Once my females got to sub-adult, they ate everything in sight and turned into little blimps! Just keep feeding her and she'll get to adult soon.

Okay, so when the ooth I got hatched, I didn't have any fruit flies around, so I went to the local pet shop and got a bunch of pinheads (crickets). They seemed too big, but the hatchlings ate them no problem.

Can newly-hatched Creos take hydei, or do they need melanogasters?

When I first introduced the male into the female enclosure, I noticed that the male's eyes turned all bloody red. I forgot to take a picture. And this morning, the eyes are back to normal, like the ones you see in my pictures. Has anyone else noticed this? The eyes become opaque and it's a uniform dark red color, like back when they were L1, L2.

When I first introduced the male into the female enclosure, I noticed that the male's eyes turned all bloody red. I forgot to take a picture. And this morning, the eyes are back to normal, like the ones you see in my pictures. Has anyone else noticed this? The eyes become opaque and it's a uniform dark red color, like back when they were L1, L2.
With these Creos? Wow, I've never seen that in any of the 5 matings mine have done (2 males, 4 females). The eyes stayed normal greenish.

Yeah, these Creos. I'll try to take a picture next time I see it. Like the male got possessed all of a sudden.

With these Creos? Wow, I've never seen that in any of the 5 matings mine have done (2 males, 4 females). The eyes stayed normal greenish.