Frey/October_mav

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
everyone who has been dealing with her was satisfied in recieving absolutely nothing is more like it and sad that she takes advantage of people and their generosity and everything else!

I purchased 2 ooths from Frey around the 19th of August. I was wary of him as he is new, has no breeder feedback, is from Poland (hate to add that in here, but it seems to be a factor in some cases), and has posted in the classifieds for a nice species for a good price.

He was very pleasant to speak with in PM's and sent the parcel August 21. I received it 10 days later (today). He had given me a tracking number, and had checked at least once to see if it had arrived, so communication was good.

One of the ooths had apparently already hatched in the post, as there were 15 nymphs in the plastic bottle that was loosely filled with tissue. It is not the way I would pack to prepare for a hatch in transit, but it appears almost all of them are alive, with the exception of 1 definitely deceased, and 2 or 3 that look like they are not going to make it. Most looked weak and weary from the trip. But I'm hoping they make it. The other ooth looks to be unhatched and in good shape.

From my experience with him, Frey has been a truthful and reliable dealer with me in this transaction. I would likely trade with him again.

Becky Heacox

August09_90181_Katnapper.jpg

actually its no parcel as I just used a regular mail enevelope and yes it was cheap way to send a ooth but in my eyes whatever works is ok with me and since I was totally broke it was the best I could do. I am sure your get it as I done the same type of mailing to few other people with ooths and have had no problems doing it this way and all ooths sent from me have made it to their destinations intact!

Typically, we do not allow discussions to occur in the breeder feedback threads, however this is a situation that we are letting the community sort out because it is essentially the community's problem. We do what we can here on the forum as moderators to help out, but situations involving money (business) are generally up to the individuals that conduct them. When I learned that Frey was apparently the same person as October_mav which is apparently the same person called Justyna (and maybe other names including Rhaya), I began this thread. If I had closed "Frey's" account many of the people that were in the middle of transactions would have no ability to communicate with Frey.

So, for now the account stays open.

At this time, it is clear that there is cause here for concern. Let's avoid further "discussions" on this topic if possible and let the members that actually have specific experiences to share do the writing. If anybody notices a new post by Frey in the classifieds section, please use the "report post" feature and let a moderator know.

Moderators and I may elect to delete off topic or extraneous posts in this thread from this point forward. In order for this thread to be of value, it must remain relevant from this point forward.

As always, be aware of sellers with little or no breeder feedback, but it does appear this member has made good on at least one recent transaction. It is my intention, however, to close this member's account unless further evidence comes to light in their defense or credit. I'm certainly seeing a concerning pattern!

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my ooth today. I am not happy with the packaging but Frey is true to his word. The ooth came, 3 nymphs already hatch out (1 got stuck on a tape). Hereby, I need to apologize for the doubt I put on him. He is a reliable breeder (he just need to learn to pack the ooth properly if he knows the ooth will hatch in 2-3 days)!!! I will deal with him again.

This is the package i received today:

[moderator edit by Peter: removed a few images because it contained personal info.]

I open it up and there is this bottle wrapped in paper:

IMG_5500.jpg

I open up the bottle and found 2 nymphs still alive and 1 stuck on a tape:

IMG_5501.jpg

IMG_5504.jpg

Here is the ooth, looks hatched (with 3 holes)

IMG_5503.jpg

Moderator: Is it possible for us to set up another breeder feedback on just Frey and delete the feedback on Frey/October_mav? I want to be fair to him!

Same packaging as october_mav.... Precisely the same.

Isnt it strange that with all of you there is such a bad 'hatch' rate?

leviatan: october_mav knows damn well whats going on here! She begged Peter to unban her. Also Peter gave me her email so i could email her - no respond what so ever.

Krusz: Nothing good on that person, everything is the same. Now even the packaging!

Anyways, I will just let this go. There is even a new topic of Frey saying he is reliable. It's just the same person as october_mav and probably all others. Tricking you to give good feedback by sending bad stuff... <_< In a while people will trust him (they already do, it seems) and he will run off with everyone's money or mantids.

Poh - can you tell me what the name on the package is? Is that J? Why J. if his name is Arek?

Poh - can you tell me what the name on the package is? Is that J? Why J. if his name is Arek?
I'm not Poh... but my packaging appears to be the very same (same way packaged with the tissue, same look to the envelope, etc.). These are scans of my envelope.

[moderater edit by Peter: You cannot post member addresses, physical or email addresses, on this forum. You can share whatever info. you want via email amongst yourselves.]

I can only review someone by how my own experience has gone with them.

There you have it. Proof!

[edit by Peter...removed photo of member address]

This was from October_Mav.

Same address, same scammer.

I was trying to ascertain, if this Ireneusz Piotrowski really has something to do with Frey, so I posted a thread on one of the biggest Polish forums. The only person to reply was October_mav - I received a link to this picture of I. Piotrowski's card...

http://img79.imageshack.us/i/p1070950.jpg/

But tell me people... isn't this hand a bit too masculine for someone named Justyna? She said that it was taken just minutes before sending it to me, I don't suppose that there was a bloke around her...

I was trying to ascertain, if this Ireneusz Piotrowski really has something to do with Frey, so I posted a thread on one of the biggest Polish forums. The only person to reply was October_mav - I received a link to this picture of I. Piotrowski's card...http://img79.imageshack.us/i/p1070950.jpg/

But tell me people... isn't this hand a bit too masculine for someone named Justyna? She said that it was taken just minutes before sending it to me, I don't suppose that there was a bloke around her...
Those 2 handwriting samples are from different people... 2 very different hands/styles, with consistently different specific identifying characteristics. Thus, 2 different people, I would guess. Unless boyfriend/girlfriend sort of arrangement or related group.

I can't really read that Polish writing on either. Are the 2 handwritten addresses the same or different?

Then why does he introduce gimself as Arek, yet he signs his postages as Justyna? Why Octobev_mav was the first and the only person to contact me about I. Piotrowski's identity? And the contact number wasn't even visible on that pic, so it was useless.

This is some huge bullcrap, and I'm not buying into this.

Both addies are exactly the same.

Becky, I´m glad you still have some healthy nymphs, and I hope the other ooth will hatch. But this dude or dudette is a scammer and is trying to scam on a different way this time. You may have been lucky, but others won't.

Becky, I´m glad you still have some healthy nymphs, and I hope the other ooth will hatch. But this dude or dudette is a scammer and is trying to scam on a different way this time. You may have been lucky, but others won't.
I really don't know what to think. Maybe I am just the lucky one. Call it what you like... maybe I am naive, too trusting, or just try to see the good in people and give them a chance. But all this is suspicious. I am glad we are all working together to ferret out the facts. Hopefully we will get some resolution to the truth of the matter.

its a shame that people like ******* and this person are out to spoil it for the rest of us who like the mantis as a fun and wonderful hobby but in this world you cant trust everyone and as my mom says not everyone on the internet is who they claim to be and thats how problems arise or other serious situations but all we can do is expose the wrongdoers to the light and warn others and hope the warnings are all recieved and followed through!

Both addies are exactly the same.

Someone should point this out to frey or whoever and demand a explanation on this or why they use names with the same address or ask why are they trying to ruin the hobby with their little games they are playing!

Latest posts