ghost care

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:mellow:does anybody know how many ghosts l2/l3, can fit in a 12 in. cube
You could most likely cram a bunch into a 12"x12" cube if all you want to do if "fit" them in there but if you want them to live in a 12"x12" cube I would say 2-3. Ghost mantids dont move around much but I still like to make sure they have their "personal space".

I have 5 of mine in a 12x12x18 (tall) terrarium and they're doing great. They still have some "standoffs" with each other but the majority of the time they're spread out on thier own branches.

I currently have 3 adult pairs in a 12" mesh cube and they all seem fine. The guys just ride around on the girls when they feel like space is "tight". :p

I also have had as many as 30-40 L2/L3 nymphs in a cube, but with plenty of excelsior & branches to hang out on & LOTS of food dumped in every day.

I currently have 3 adult pairs in a 12" mesh cube and they all seem fine. The guys just ride around on the girls when they feel like space is "tight". :p

I also have had as many as 30-40 L2/L3 nymphs in a cube, but with plenty of excelsior & branches to hang out on & LOTS of food dumped in every day.
thanks, u own mantispets right? im probably going to order from you

does anybody know if i can feed ghosts crickets, waxworms, mealworms, and mabye some wild caught moths as their whole diet. i can only have fruit flies, no hfs or bbs

also, how do i feed out of a big fruit fly culture without any escapes?
I got a jar from the flightless fruitfly corp. I just cut a hole on the top of the mesh and put a big piecer of tape on the spacebetween the mesh and the hole on the top of the jar. The FF will all go to the top so all you need to do is open a little corner for one or more to come out then reclose it.

also, how do i feed out of a big fruit fly culture without any escapes?
Hi, new to Mantid Forums but I've cared for dart frogs for about 4 years now. The best way to prevent escapees is to put your FF culture in the freezer for 50-60 seconds. This will slow down the FF's metabolism and they will hardly be able to move let alone fly. Just open the top and dump the FFs into your mantis housing. They will begin to start moving around and will be back to normal in about 15 seconds.

Latest posts