Ghost dying

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mystymantis

Reaction score
Do male ghosts live shorter then females? My male ghost mantis seems to be dying, and I am not sure why. He was on the bottom of his cage which scared me, but now he is back on his stick. But not looking so good.

oops this is the wrong forum section.

Last edited by a moderator:
My understanding is yes the males are shorter lived than females. Someone else may know the time better but I remember something like 2-3 months versus 6-9 months for females.  You did not mention how old your male is.

He molted into an adult near the end of March. So that is that is 2 months. :( So maybe it is age? He isn't looking good though, poor Dusk is just hanging on his stick rather weakly. But he seemed fine a few days ago. So possibly it is age then?

Last edited by a moderator:
Rip Dusk. :(

I don't know why he suddenly became lethargic and weak and now has died. He was fine a few days ago. Could it have been something he ate? Or would it be more likely age related?  He ate 2 moths a few days ago.

Right... 2 months is very good for a male Ghost... 6 weeks is usually what I seem to witness.

Ghosts are great! You provided him a great life.

Any other mantis?

Latest posts