Ghost Mantis transformation

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Searsy

Reaction score
Ghost Mantis transformation

551680_10150863684686059_2064818034_n.jpg

To:

IMG_2834.jpg

Is the enclosure filled with green? Any tips for making ghosts green? I try messing with humidity and temperature and haven't had any luck yet.

I honestly don't know why she changed colour so dramatically and quite quickly two - within two molts from black/brown to light green. I know it can happen, but not why. During this time I did move her into a bigger enclosure, and the UK weather was exceptionally hot for a while, so I misted more frequently than usual. Could any of that be factors? She does have some green silk leafs in her enclosure but it's not overly green. Diet of crickets, house flys and moths.

Her casque is magnificant :)

I did an experiment with my ghosts and it did seem like the green ones were linked to higher humidity. I had 12 in a container that didn't have as much ventilation and constantly higher humidity of those 8 turned green, as opposed to the other batch from the same ooth which had 2 out of 17 turn green. However I did have many unexplained deaths of the greenies. Just thought i'd see if anyone else had this experiance.

Latest posts