• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Mantidforum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Ghost Subadult Pair

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This really is your thread, Villosa...not anybody else's that has posted, naturalist or non-naturalist or otherwise. We could delete all the extraneous stuff, and will if you want us to, but the debate is interesting, nonetheless.

I have to say that I do see plenty of people offering mantises for very low prices in this hobby. People deserve something for the time they put into raising these bugs for a month or two before they're stable enough to sell. And the world will reward them for their time. Capitalism aside, it's everybody's right to have a moral opposition to selling living things. I'm not in disagreement about that. But, this is your thread Villosa. Sell to your heart's content! Again, what would this hobby be if Yen didn't sell massive quantities to us! I was happy to have the opportunity, as I'm happy to see that one person on our planet is offering somebody the opportunity to raise captive bred Ghost mantises as sub-adults. We don't get that opportunity everyday.

And for the record, I made a non-monetary bug exchange with Villosa a very short time ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
what do you mean mrblue?

An yes I did do a great trade with Peter that landed me a good deal of these beauties.

Bgiganteus_3.jpg

How is your side doing Peter?

The Idolomantis are doing great! Thanks again for the exchange. I can't imagine what I would have had to pay for L5/L6 Idolomantis (partially because nobody has ever made them available "around here", before), and just consider myself lucky that I was able to trade the roaches for them.

(I think Mr. Blue was expressing his feelings about the recurring debate about inbreeding mantises.)

I really got a chuckle out of the missing r in inbred, by the way. The context was pretty amusing (though unintentional). Anybody else catch that? (sorry for helping to hijack the entire point of your initial post, but I take it you don't really care too much at this point.)

The Idolomantis are doing great! Thanks again for the exchange. I can't imagine what I would have had to pay for L5/L6 Idolomantis (partially because nobody has ever made them available "around here", before), and just consider myself lucky that I was able to trade the roaches for them.(I think Mr. Blue was expressing his feelings about the recurring debate about inbreeding mantises.)

I really got a chuckle out of the missing r in inbred, by the way. The context was pretty amusing (though unintentional). Anybody else catch that? (sorry for helping to hijack the entire point of your initial post, but I take it you don't really care too much at this point.)
That's great to know. Have they molted since then? I can't recall if they were L4, L5 or L6 when I sent them to you...haha. And nah, I don't care much anymore, I mean the pair is still up for sale but I guess we can have a little fun...

Hello ALl,

I agree with Peter, Yen did a great job suppliying the hobby with many new an nice species.

Nympho There are people giving species for free to people who are best qualified to rear and reproduce them, you just don't see that since we do that in private and not in the open. I gave Yen my P arizonae ooth since he was looking to get that long time ago and it was for free. THanks to that you guys in europe can enjoy such nice species.

If you have something you want to sell you dictate on the price, and if someone or you want it really bad, then you will make the imposible to get it ,even if that means spending 65 dollars.

And for the record, I made a non-monetary bug exchange with Villosa a very short time ago.

That is the best kind of deals you can make without being afraid of getting your money ripped off.

francisco

PS Hey Mike do you know how can I get in touch with Dana??????

I'm sorry Francisco but I don't know how to get to her myself anymore, she doesn't really answer any of my calls and I'm afraid it was disconnected a while back. She also doesn't live nearby anymore, that was a long time ago.

Well, the pair can go for $60 shipped if anyone wants it...

I see where is the problem: When Villosa post the sell for Ghost, I thought they were P. paradoxa. Villosa, if you use Idolomantis, the scientific name, I would already purchase them.

In USA, Idolomantis is much more rare than P. paradoxa.

Peter, if you want to sell the pair, I would buy them from you. Seriouly. My email is [email protected]

Alan

I see where is the problem: When Villosa post the sell for Ghost, I thought they were P. paradoxa. Villosa, if you use Idolomantis, the scientific name, I would already purchase them.In USA, Idolomantis is much more rare than P. paradoxa.

Peter, if you want to sell the pair, I would buy them from you. Seriouly. My email is [email protected]

Alan
What on Earth are you talking about?

A bit of clarification...

First I don't keep idolomantis, I've traded those away to Peter because I was getting out of mantids for a bit due to time issues, and please don't bug Peter (or any one in general) about buying stuff off PM or another thread just because they have something you want. It's just common courtesy.

Second I am the one SELLING a pair of P. paraxoda (common name: ghost mantis) Not the giant devils mantis, devil flower mantis, giant devils flower mantis or any other name the idolomantis are called.

And an update, communications are back up with my trade.

PS. it's generally a bad idea to post a direct email address on an open form because of spy programs that will pick them up and spam you like mad.

EDIT: wow don't I sound like an ######...Sorry Alan, was having a bad night...

My mistake, I am embarrassingly sorry.

Thanks for the tip about internet spam. I am the VCR generation, and there is still a lot of new stuff for me to learn.

Alan

Hi all,

The pair is no longer available. They have both molted into beautiful adults.

Latest posts