Gongylus gongylodes mating pics

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pelle

Reaction score
Here are some pics from a few Gongylus couples:)

dscf0723er1.jpg

dscf0722fs2.jpg

dscf0754rc1.jpg

dscf0709ie7.jpg

dscf0727ix9.jpg

dscf0756kg1.jpg

dscf0760px0.jpg

dscf0762ei9.jpg

Ooths

dscf0732da5.jpg

dscf0703hn2.jpg

Very nice photos, Pelle! It is interesting to me that in this species, the male has to grasp the female so high up around the shield on her thorax. The long, very thin midsection would be difficult to hold on to I suppose! :)

Many congrats mate :D

Glad the chaps realised what to do eventually ;)

If I remember it right - I got my Gongylus as L1 when yours turned adult, and you just recently mated yours and got ooths while my Gongylus during the same time grown from L1 to sub-adult? :p

Gosh, what a bunch of lazy sods you've got there :p

Those ooths are so interesting, those gongylus gongylodes are just massive.

how big do they get? 4-5 in I hear?

Those ooths are so interesting, those gongylus gongylodes are just massive.how big do they get? 4-5 in I hear?
From my experience just about 8-9 cm. Maybe wild-caught specimen are above 10 cm, but 12 cm as some try to claim? Not so much.

If I remember it right - I got my Gongylus as L1 when yours turned adult, and you just recently mated yours and got ooths while my Gongylus during the same time grown from L1 to sub-adult? :p Gosh, what a bunch of lazy sods you've got there :p
Hehe, I could have fertile ooths a lot sooner, but the males didn't show any interest. Which you already knew:p

A female laying an ooth

dscf0770oz5.jpg

dscf0773aq2.jpg

dscf0780ju3.jpg

dscf0799qq1.jpg

dscf0801tp7.jpg

dscf0802lc4.jpg

dscf0806du3.jpg

dscf0810ax0.jpg

Latest posts