Grandis breeding

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if all goes well i will ship some to u.i sell other ones but i haven't been doing it long..still building up my stock.have u tried http://www.mantisanddragons.com/main/main.php?lang=eng ?
Ok just send me a mail to [email protected] if and when you want to sell some salomonis the only problem here is we still have below zero so in april or may will be a good time or do you use heatpack ?

I havent bought any mantis from other countries yet just from 3 different persons in sweden and I just got 2 species

this one and popa spurca crassa but they are not adult yet but hopefully in the nearest weeks or so and hopefully I got males and females so thst they can have som fun :)

Kindly bjorsa

Ok just send me a mail to [email protected] if and when you want to sell some salomonis the only problem here is we still have below zero so in april or may will be a good time or do you use heatpack ?I havent bought any mantis from other countries yet just from 3 different persons in sweden and I just got 2 species

this one and popa spurca crassa but they are not adult yet but hopefully in the nearest weeks or so and hopefully I got males and females so thst they can have som fun :)

Kindly bjorsa
i want popa spurca..your so lucky

i want popa spurca..your so lucky
Maybe we can exchange mantis you get pop spurca crassa and I get salomonis but first my popa spurca crassa has to become adult and breed and make some kokongs so that I have some to exchange with but they should soon be adults I hope

Kindly bjorsa

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe we can exchange mantis you get pop spurca crassa and I get salomonis but first my popa spurca crassa has to become adult and breed and make some kokongs so that I have some to exchange with but they should soon be adults I hope Kindly bjorsa
My first female that layed a kokong the 10 feb did lay 1 more today so 19 days between them so now I got 3 kokongs or ootch .

How many offspring will there be in a kokong for a grandis or membranece ?

Kindly bjorsa

This night the first ootheca hatch but only 1 nymph and still this morning only 1 nymph the ootheca was laid on the 16 of feb could it be that this first nymph is a bit early or does it take long time (days) for a ootheca to hatch ?

Kindly bjorsa

It seems to be just 7 nymph so what vent wrong ? I Had the ootch in a plastic container 20*40*20 cm and a 15*15 cm ventelation and green moss as substrate and sprayed every day but maybe all the moist did vent out of the 15*15 cm ventelation

Kindly bjorsa

It seems to be just 7 nymph so what vent wrong ? I Had the ootch in a plastic container 20*40*20 cm and a 15*15 cm ventelation and green moss as substrate and sprayed every day but maybe all the moist did vent out of the 15*15 cm ventelation Kindly bjorsa
Well here is some photos of 1 of the 7 nymphs and its 3 days old and around 10 mm

24marsbnisnyklnr3.jpg

24marsbninyklskala1till1nr6.jpg

24marsbnisnyklskala2till1nr4.jpg

24marsbnisnyklskala2till1nr2.jpg

24marsbnisnyklskala2till1.jpg

24marsbnisnyklnr5.jpg

Kindly bjorsa

Last edited by a moderator:
My second ootch did hatch this night and are still hatching and this time a lot of them I did have much more moist and lesser ventilation but some of them are now drowning in the waterdrops opps but it seems to be around 100 of them .

My qustion is for how long time can I have them togheter before they start to eat each other ?

Kindly bjorsa

Latest posts