Great offer

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you do have to pay shipping but for priority, only about $7. $7 for 1000 mealworms is a good freakin deal. I bought em. Plus not only can my mantids eat these, but my frogs and tarantula can as well. Removing the head is important though, as they do have strong mandibles. Plus, these will pupate and turn to beetles. Id done it before, it takes about three weeks. You have to separate them, stop feeding them, and keep them in the dark. Soon you will find them atop the substrate, curved into a "C". A while later, they shed their wormy skin, and look like aliens. Then after a couple weeks they will shed that skin and emerge as beetles. Its pretty cool. Id fed the beetle form to my mantids as well. They are more filling, though do give off an odor as a defense mechanism. But the odor doesnt effect the mantids.

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/100/b/8/the_stages_of_jim__super_worm_to_pupa_to_beetle__by_alexandersmantids-d61480h.jpg

This is a superworm but its the same idea. Meal worm beetles are just a bit smaller.

Thanks for sharing this deal with us!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd buy them if my mantids were a bit stronger. Also, a thousand mealworms for a handful of nymphs is a bit of a waste.
You can culture them and then when your mantises are ready to feast on them, you will have plenty. You might end up with 10,000

I bought a thousand last night I'll keep you posted lame if it is a real offer.
I actually looked through the entire site and they offer all kinds of goodies, definitely going to order my 1k mealworms as well. I also seen they've got 32oz cups... Which I'm in need of =]

Many thanks for sharing, I tried it and the coupon is still valid. I'll have to order some tomorrow (payday). :D

I actually looked through the entire site and they offer all kinds of goodies, definitely going to order my 1k mealworms as well. I also seen they've got 32oz cups... Which I'm in need of =]
Sounds like it will be a good package - indeed make sure you get some 32oz cups as you can always use them.
thumbs-up2.gif

Good deal. Been looking to pick up some live ones for the bluebirds. Even the regular cost isn't bad. For some reason I thought they cost more. Coupon worked for me too. Thanks!

for real? Is this legitimate??
I guess I can't speak for the offer

But I will be taking advantage of it

LOL

But can say that I've dealt with them many many times in the past

Back when I was breeding & dealing in reptiles & what not I use to get cases of crickets from them all the time (I live close to them)

The company has been around for ever

So I doubt it's a scam

Just a promotion

Hey just look at how many people are checking them out just from this post

LOL

PEACE...

I ordered the 1000 mealworms and some feeding cups. With shipping it came to $10.35 :D I'll update when I hear something, but it is a great deal.

If you need any cups, shipping supplies, etc check out this website

http://www.tsksupply.com/search.php?search_query=32oz+cup+with+cloth+lid&x=0&y=0
Thanks for the link :D Some nice selection of lids (even metal mesh) and great prices. Heck the prices are close to what I pay for sub-par cups that I have to modify myself.

I bought a lot of deli cups from another website. 50 w/ lids to be exact.

I should have ordered more with the package. I need more lol.

mine came in! aw man. Very good packaging. The meal worms come in a little potato bag. You know like a threaded brown bag. And theres newspaper in there, and of course the mealworms. There does indeed seem to be a thousand. Theres so many, it took me about 10-15 minutes to even get them all out and into their new home.

I froze about forty. Ive been freezing my prey items because they last a lot longer. Its like freezing hamburger. Just thaw it, and its still good. I freeze them live so they are fresh when thawed. It actually works out, its great because they dont rot, so last a really long time, way longer than if you had live ones in the fridge.

I also separated some to prepare them for pupating, so theyll turn to beetles, and i can breed those beetles and have an endless supply of these guys

And the rest ive got set up with a few different substrates, some paper towel bunched up, and some food... Put four wet balls of paper towel in each corner too for moisture, just in case they dont get enough from the carrot and lettuce.

Anyways, yes this deal was legit, and ive got the site saved to my bookmarks now.

Thanks!

Latest posts