Great offer

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Three days, haven't got them. Maybe today.

If not today, probably tomorrow boss man. I ordered mine the day this was posted and mine arrives tomorrow. (according to USPS tracking anyway...)
For some reason USPS is generally a 3 day affair. I think mealworms will be okay.

Got them. Not sure why the company punched a bunch of large holes in the box. That makes sense in warm weather but not so much this time of year. At any rate they were fine.

Good deal. Been looking to pick up some live ones for the bluebirds. Even the regular cost isn't bad. For some reason I thought they cost more. Coupon worked for me too. Thanks!
That is what I was thinking too. Bluebirds :)

My mealworms arrived today.

As I followed their live guarantee I paid $2 for a heat pack (no where to be found) and had the box held at the post office. I got a interesting phone call from my post office - the lady was telling me they had a package of live insects, some type of worms, for me and to come get them.

The post workers asked a few questions of the live insects, in the box full of holes, when I arrived. :D The mealworms arrived safe and sound though and were in newspaper in a closed cotton bag. I promptly put them in a large container with substrate/food as recommended by another site.

My mom's cat Peanut thought she had to help the whole time. At the end there was one adult beetle in with the worms, and she chased it around the outside of the tub until she almost jumped in and I had to get her back. :D

I took a photo to show how many that 1000 is, but nearly all of them immediately buried themselves in the substrate/food when they were took out of the newspaper. What is seen are a few mealworms and empty shells (from molting?).

Thanks again PrayingMantisPets for telling us of the great offer!
thumbs-up2.gif

mealworms-arrived.jpg

My mealworms arrived today.

As I followed their live guarantee I paid $2 for a heat pack (no where to be found) and had the box held at the post office. I got a interesting phone call from my post office - the lady was telling me they had a package of live insects, some type of worms, for me and to come get them.

The post workers asked a few questions of the live insects, in the box full of holes, when I arrived. :D The mealworms arrived safe and sound though and were in newspaper in a closed cotton bag. I promptly put them in a large container with substrate/food as recommended by another site.

My mom's cat Peanut thought she had to help the whole time. At the end there was one adult beetle in with the worms, and she chased it around the outside of the tub until she almost jumped in and I had to get her back. :D

I took a photo to show how many that 1000 is, but nearly all of them immediately buried themselves in the substrate/food when they were took out of the newspaper. What is seen are a few mealworms and empty shells (from molting?).

Thanks again PrayingMantisPets for telling us of the great offer!
thumbs-up2.gif

mealworms-arrived.jpg
I had one beetle in mine too, i fed it to my texas unicorn lol :) haha that cat is funny, fortunately mine were asleep when i was doing the transfer. Thats a nice big bin for those mealies!

I had one beetle in mine too, i fed it to my texas unicorn lol :) haha that cat is funny, fortunately mine were asleep when i was doing the transfer. Thats a nice big bin for those mealies!
Nice :D Yeah, she always has to help. Thankfully she stays off the countertops so I don't have to fight her when I make my fruit fly cultures. ;)

Thanks, the bin is a 65 quart, 16.25 gallon Sterilite I got at a grocery store for only $4.50... Too bad I saw them after we checked out up front otherwise I would have put some food back and filled the car up with them for that price.
confused.gif

Funny, my mealworms and feeder cups will be here Friday too. :D Did you get any deli cups with your order?
Yes sir I sure did! :D Sorry I haven't checked the post. My package arrived Friday afternoon around 4pm.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered from them before, got a big bag of mealworms, in a box punched with holes and labeled "Live Animals." I guess because of the label, the mailman didn't leave it at my doorstep and left a note asking me to pick it up at the post office the next day. When I did, the guy who handed me the box gave me weird looks and asked, "What is in there?!?" I just said "bird food." I don't have any pet birds, but I didn't really lie, since birds would've enjoyed these delicious tasty worms...

I ordered from them before, got a big bag of mealworms, in a box punched with holes and labeled "Live Animals." I guess because of the label, the mailman didn't leave it at my doorstep and left a note asking me to pick it up at the post office the next day. When I did, the guy who handed me the box gave me weird looks and asked, "What is in there?!?" I just said "bird food." I don't have any pet birds, but I didn't really lie, since birds would've enjoyed these delicious tasty worms...
I thought their packaging methods were a bit odd. There is absolutely no need for the giant holes in the box. Other than that good deal.

They sent me an email with the code: WILDBIRDS15

Last edited by a moderator:
Update: apparently it still works, I just got an email about it. Same coupon code. Said it works on any size but idk bout giant.

Latest posts