GreenOasis

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LauraMG

Reaction score
Carey and I made a trade of some mantids and such for a some reptile action! She is just great, and it was a pleasure to trade with her. She has been incredibly helpful and very generous. Now I just have to send her another mantid to make up for the road trip snack one decided to have! :blink:

Aww...thanks! :blush:

I'm not very good in person, but I think I do okay writing back & forth.

I might see if anyone else would like something that we breed for some new species of mantids. Hubby will probably choke at the thought of us expanding again, but...I need *some*thing to do while the reptiles are all sleeping in the winter! ;)

If anyone is reading this thread & is interested, please check out the classifieds and I will let everyone know there what I have available & what I am interested in getting!

Trading is by far the best way to go in this economy! ("Recovery my :censored: !")

-Carey Kurtz-

Green Oasis Reptiles

I bought some bb spikes from Carey and they came perfectly packaged and super healthy. would buy from her again anytime.

Ordered BB spikes from Carey and they arrived in great condition, my mantids and I thank you very much! Look forward to doing business with you in the future.

Thanks,

E.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered some net cubes, deli cups, Melanogaster flies and some housing enclosures. I love the housing enclosures, and I think my mantids are enjoying their new homes. The fruit fly culture was fresh with lots of flies. It was labeled and dated. Very professional. And I appreciate that Carey shipped the same day (New Years Eve). Thanks much!

Let me tell you something about Carey (GreenOasis), she will bend over backwards for you to make you a SATISFIED CUSTOMER! The person who I was originally supposed to get flies from (not GreenOasis) was a cool person, but VERY UNRELIABLE. I will not name any names here. First time around I had to wait THREE weeks! Long story short, My HIGH PRICED fly eating mantises either got Cannibalistic, Starved themselves to DEATH, OR got chewed on when they were shedding due to crickets. I STILL NEVER GOT FLIES FROM THAT OTHER PERSON!

SECOND TIME that OTHER person promised me flies, I still waited TWO weeks, and STILL NO FLIES! The last time even MORE of my high priced Mantises got chomped on while shedding, or got chewed on by more crickets once again! Some of those mantises are still alive because the crickets did not chew their bodies, but just seeing how their legs got chewed off and knowing that they will NOT survive their next molt completely pisses me off each time I look at them! I dropped my 276 1/2 pound co-worker with a punch to the gut for talking too much trash recently and I credit that to the anger I felt from watching my high priced mantises dying right before my eyes while waiting for flies from another person! I'm normally a pretty happy guy. It's really my own fault that I trust some people for certain things when I should NOT. Some folks do NOT understand how business works! If you can't handle the heat, get the FAWK out of the kitchen! You do NOT tell someone you are going to send them stuff and make them wait weeks at a time, and still not send it!

GREENOASIS is THEE most RELIABLE person I have done business with thus far! Knowing that I needed emergency flies, she sent them to me RIGHT AWAY! What others may not understand is that she sent them to me when she had many many many other things to worry about in her own personal life yet she STILL made the time to get what I needed over to me! THAT right there show's how dedicated she is to making a customer happy!

Meanwhile I also purchased a pair of Flower Mantis from her site at http://mantispets.weebly.com/ for a BARGAIN PRICE!

EVERYTHING GreenOasis has sent to me is in GREAT CONDITION and got to me very FAST! When quality of service counts the most, I would recommend Carey of GreenOasis to ANYBODY! Thank YOU! We will be doing business time and time and time again!

I ordered some Limbatas from her and they all came alive and were packaged really good too and got a few extras and was a pleasure doing business and may do so again in the near future!

I'd like to leave positive feedback about Carey. First she's friendly and always took the time to thoroughly answer any questions I had. We did some trades and and I also placed an order on her website. I'm very happy with everything I received from her, from the excellent insulated packing skills to the healthy mantises. She's dependable and ships fast- I'll definitely be ordering more from her in the future. You're awesome Carey!

I've traded and ordered from Carey several times now and have been very happy each time.

I highly recommend her fruit flies as they are labeled and dated. And if you're in a pinch she will send producing cultures if available!

I am extremely happy with the meal worms I just received from her. Really nice worms and cheap! Very healthy and lively. The ones I get from the local pet store are not nearly as nice. I like that there is a mix of sizes too. Some tiny ones in there I can give to smaller mantids, but plenty of full-sized plumpers.

Always good to have more options of who to order from and in Carey I've found a seller who is RELIABLE. If she says she will ship next day it will be shipped next day. As Kitkat39 pointed out there are others who will let you down and leave you hanging.

Carey is also very responsive to communications which I appreciate very much. I've had many good conversations with her. In addition to being a good seller she's a good person willing to share information. That's important to me. ;)

got some fruit fly cultures from greenoasis. Arrived good and on time.

thanks

+1

Mr.Mantid

this is my first time dealing with Carey.

I ordered some housefly media and some other stuff.

I'm just so sick of having some bad hatch rates durring the winter of both bluebottle and houseflys, so I desided to try breeding them at home with her new media.

she was wonderful about what I needed and answered all my questions. it's too soon to tell how good the stuff works, but my flys are starting to use it to at least feed from the stuff.

she also sent me a few extra pupae in hopes that I have enough flys to start the projects off well...thankfully, I had some good hatch rates this time, but if I didn't, she was quite helpful in making sure I was fine.

quick service, good comunications, awesome person to deal with.

sorry Carey that I didn't let you know that I got this package early too. I've been so busy at work and with my new imports that I got a bit lazy.

thanks once again Carey. I'll let you know how the fly media works for me.

Harry

I bought some of Carey's housefly breeding media a few weeks ago and gave it a try. I followed Carey's detailed instructions. At first I thought it wasn't working but today I discovered several larvae in the container. Yeah! This stuff doesn't smell. If you need houseflies, I'd give this a try!

Tammy

I bought some of Carey's housefly breeding media a few weeks ago and gave it a try. I followed Carey's detailed instructions. At first I thought it wasn't working but today I discovered several larvae in the container. Yeah! This stuff doesn't smell. If you need houseflies, I'd give this a try!

Tammy
Yeah, I've found that you have to kind of take it on faith that the flies have done their job and laid eggs in there. It really works best if you can change out the media every three days, so that you have consistent larvae sizes. That way you don't have some pupating while others are just hatching out of the eggs. On the bright side, though, changing out the media every three days will give you a good 2000+ pupae every week!

Bought some Chinese nymphs from Carey and was VERY happy with how fast they arrived, and the good packing of the boxes to keep them safe and happy.

I especially appreciate being able to (later) ask questions about my nymphs when I was worried about something. (turns out they were getting ready to molt. Silly me haven't had nymphs in so long I forgot the signs. :rolleyes: )

But it was awesome to get prompt response(s) and accurate information to all of my questions. B)

+1

Got my Chinese nymphs from Carey yesterday. They were packed extremely well, including heat pack (which I didn't expect). She also tossed in a couple extra nymphs too! All of them survived USPS Priority shipping and are doing great!

Thanks Carey!

I think Carey must have some kind of sweet deal with the wrapping paper :lol: . Her oothecae and heat pack were very nicely wrapped. Thanks for the wonderful trade Carey :)

Latest posts