Greetings from Australia

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barlon

Reaction score
Hello everyone I'm a mantis keeper from aus and currently have two species of mantises but have kept up to four species in the past, I'm currently caring for 5 giant rainforest mantises and 4 of a small brown ground species which I just call ground boxing mantises not sure if that's correct as I've had a hard time finding any sort of an ID and the species are too small to show up in detail when I take pictures.

In the past the two other species I owned were Garden mantis and Bark mantis which were really fun to keep so I'll likely be picking these to species back up when I've got the chance.

Welcome, got pic of the ground mantis?
I sadly don't as they come up blurry in photos I can take a picture but it'll be hard to see the detail on the mantises, some of the things that stand out is the females are wingless and and look bulky and armored kind of like a spiny stick insect, while the males a very slim with large wings.

Another note is this species can be housed together but you should only house them with their own gender when their adults since males housed with females seem to live shorter lives as they don't eat enough and likely overwork themselves.

Latest posts