Guess what sp is this!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zelthan

Reaction score
I just found ooths for a friend, I know the sp, but this is your time to guess and look at their natural habitat

050220122711.jpg

050220122731.jpg

One of the Unicorn mantids. At least that one ooth on the right is.

Sorry I got confused these ones dont have the horn is not clorophea look at the avatar!

Last edited by a moderator:
There are interesting things I shall mention fist, this mantis is founded over 2000m over sea level, the place where she lives get below 0 at winter, over 40 at summer, not a tropical forest like many others species, nymphs are born big!, like 35-50 from each ooth, the wing markings are different from texan also does the horn

DSC03388.jpg

DSC03386.jpg

Very interesting find! It is pseudovates species NOT phyllovates species.

Well there are a few signs that you can pick up on. The legs are too flanged and the horns are too far apart. No key just observations.

exelent eye, its bad luck you dont have a key I would be really happy to get my hands over a mantodea key

Yeah, definitely not Texan Unicorn (Phyllovates chlorophaea).

Here's what their ooths look like...

Unicornooths_7893-sm.jpg

Cute species. I like the flanges on the legs. Much stockier than Texans, and huge difference in the horns as you can see below.

Unicorna-f_6357-sm.jpg

Some really interesting posts today from multiple members, this one included!

Yeah, definitely not Texan Unicorn (Phyllovates chlorophaea).

Here's what their ooths look like...

Unicornooths_7893-sm.jpg

Cute species. I like the flanges on the legs. Much stockier than Texans, and huge difference in the horns as you can see below.

Unicorna-f_6357-sm.jpg

Some really interesting posts today from multiple members, this one included!
I´m flattered! thank you very mutch