Hagiotata hofmanni (Paraguay twig mantis)

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks you all. I was thinking this may need cool period to hatch. Hopefully better hatching rate for other oothecae from different females.

Great job Yen! I'm still waiting on the female to moult to adult. This species seems very shy but docile. I love them!

Great job Yen! I'm still waiting on the female to moult to adult. This species seems very shy but docile. I love them!
Thanks gripen. Glad you like them.
CONGRATULATIONS!! any ooths likely to be for sale?
Thanks. I hope to have nymphs offer soon, it would be good to have previous experience in keeping Texas unicorn or Arizona unicorn but this species is not more difficult to breed if not easier.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info on breeding.

Have you had any more hatches? If so what were the hatch rates?

My male eats a lot more than I expected. As an adult he can eat 2 BBs a day. That is way more than most males. But he is still skittish towards larger prey. That would lead me to believe that they would be communal like the other unicorns.

Good to hear that Yen. What were the incubation conditions like? My female moulted to adult last week. When would you recommend pairing her up?