Halloween Horror Mantid Contest

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cloud jaguar

Reaction score
Ok so here's a first attempt at rules - any suggestions appreciated.

SAMPLE RULES FOR "HALLOWEEN HORROR MANTID CONTEST"

This contest is for a picture of the scariest looking mantid for Haloween . The picture must be submitted to ______ by ______ date.

1. Final Entry date - before halloween - when?

2. Prizes - there are several ideas here. I dont know what is best. One option is to have a single prize sent to winner. or Participants enter by agreeing to give a small prize - the problem with these is shipping costs. Any suggestions?

3. Judges - probably best to make a poll - even given problems with this method in the past. this way it would open up the contest to forum members.

4. Rules. The picture must be made specically for this contest - no prior created pictures allowed. Can use any computer program or camera effect or props or any other means. No modifying images of mantids by any other photographer than yourself without their express permission and no passing other's work off as your own. All entries must include 1) name of image, 2) name of photographer, 3) name of contest entrant, 4) date entry completed. Also, we could have 3 categories: photoshop, diorama, art.

What else?

Sounds fun. I like the different categories since some of us (including me) don't have photo shop. What about a "light effects" category?

Last edited by a moderator:
Rebecca at mantisplace.com has generously expressed that she would be interested in sponsoring a prize for this contest! Yay. Many thanks to her.

Now, if anyone is interested in participating, reply and lets start refining the rules!

UPDATE!!!! HALLOWEEN HORROR MANTID PHOTO CONTEST

Ok here are some updates i have been thinking about for this contest.

Purpose: This Halloween contest aims to create the creepiest, scariest, or most horrideously horrifying pictue of a mantid (or mantids). It can be in the form of a fake movie poster, picure of a diarama, a photoshopped image, picture of a specially lit image, a picture of a hand drawn or computer generated image or painted image, or the like.

1. Submission Deadline - photos must be submitted a week in advance by being emailed to _________. __________ will then place the images onto a thread on Halloween and then members will vote in a separate poll for a winner. Is this the best way to do it? I dont know.

2. Prizes - as you may know, Hibiscusmile of mantisplace.com has generously offered to sponsor this event. In order for her to know how many prizes may be needed, participants need to post that they want to participate :) !?!?!

3. Patcicipants. Here is the list so far:

1. Arkanis and wife

2. ABbuggin

3. Vera_Renczi

4. Grant

5. Spicy

6. Agent A

7. Chase (added 09-16-09)

8. Opivy (added 09-16-09)

9. Katnapper (added 09-16-09)

10. Orin (added 09-16-09)

the following members seemed interested -- so you participating? :)

10. d17oug18

11. rick

12. tier

4. Rules. The picture must be taken specically for this contest - it can be a modification of an earlier made image. Participants can use any lighting effect, visual trick, computer program, art techniques, camera effect or props or any other means. Entries must include 1) name of image, 2) name of photographer, 3) name of contest entrant, and 4) respect copyright laws.

Last edited by a moderator:
A couple of questions....

1) Does it have to be scary? Or can we have different categories, like cutest costume, scariest pic, etc.

2) Can you enter different pics into separate categories?

A couple of questions....1) Does it have to be scary? Or can we have different categories, like cutest costume, scariest pic, etc.

2) Can you enter different pics into separate categories?
good questions! probably best to address those to the sponsor - Hibiscusmile?? :) I was initially envisioning this as a single entry per person scary thing, however, im open to whatever works.

Fall Mantis

TenoderaHalloween.jpg

Latest posts