Has anyone seen this terrarium?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alikaren

Reaction score
Hi, I am new here and this is my first topic.

I really like the look of this cage a lot.

cage.jpg

Sorry that it's a little big! Anyways, I would really love a cage for a praying mantis like this.

Has anyone seen it/ something similar because I would love to buy this.

But I think it might've been homemade because this is the only image of it on the internet!

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks to be UK phasmid enclosure. I've never seen any like that in the US which is a shame. You'd do better to find something with a fully screen top for better ventilation anyway. The only plastic enclosures I ever see are the critter keeper type and those stink because the roof in concave making viewing matids only possible from below.

Looks to be UK phasmid enclosure. I've never seen any like that in the US which is a shame. You'd do better to find something with a fully screen top for better ventilation anyway. The only plastic enclosures I ever see are the critter keeper type and those stink because the roof in concave making viewing matids only possible from below.
Yeah, I really don't know why they only put a little screen on the top instead of the whole thing.

I like the looks of this but the round glass is an expensive luxury I would guess. It looks like the door slides upwards, does anyone have any issues with this for a mantis enclosure. I've modified several 10 gallon hexagon tanks for small reptiles in the past but they all involved a hinged door or lid. A slide up might be easier.

The webmaster is in the Netherlands. Super nice enclosure if you can afford it. There would be an overseas shipping cost too.

The webmaster is in the Netherlands. Super nice enclosure if you can afford it. There would be an overseas shipping cost too.
To be honest, I mostly started this thread to learn more about than finding the actually item. Overseas shipping AND the enclosures price would be killer!

Latest posts