Hatching during shipment...grrrr

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if all the ooths are pack in that way or is it only for Idolomantis?

Thanks

I wonder if all the ooths are pack in that way or is it only for Idolomantis?Thanks
All the ooth can be packed that way, as long as the "seam" is facing downward. Luckily the ooth were not wrap, or it could've been worst :shock:

That is an amazing size right out of the egg case. Incredible.
Yeah they are huge!! Here are couple of first instar pics.

L1b.jpg

L1a.jpg

Wonderful, Yen! :) I'm glad to see this species with you, Now I know that with a little bit of Yen "magic" those babies will grow to be adult & breed for you. Now heres the real question, Do you have any of that "Magic" for sale ;)

Thanks guys. I will offer some after 1st moult. There is no magic Mikhails, there is a great deal of effort to finally land this species here (trust me i went through a lot of craps to get this species so it is not like i am a lucky chap) and it will be the same effort to rear them into adulthood.

Yes they are buddhistsoldier88 :D i will try to take a pic of these compare to the adult male Odontomantis Planiceps. They last time i had this species at L4 they have no problem with blue bottle. :D

Yes they are buddhistsoldier88 :D i will try to take a pic of these compare to the adult male Odontomantis Planiceps. They last time i had this species at L4 they have no problem with blue bottle. :D
Oh, just asking, but whats the word on the ooth? I CANT WAIT!! :shock:

Aw yours look cooler than mine. The one I have doesn't have orange markings.

The glass is half-full Yen! Maybe the oothecae should be shipped with some fly pupae?! :) Please keep us posted with lots of pics!

Good luck!

I`ve made good experiences with:

- Temperature about 30°C at day and 19-20°C at night

- The humidity can be low at day, but during night you should raise by spraying some water in the evening. Spray every day, but no shower...

- They need a good ventilation

- No more than 7 of the L1 in a box of 20x20x20 cm... and no more than 5 of the L3 in such a box... and for L5 instars these boxes quit... Then you need somewhat with a height of more than 50 cm.

- They don`t like thick branches, but they are crazy about thin ones...

- no heating mat, use spotlights

greetings,

Juergen

HEllo All,

Yen, great news!!! Congrats on the little devils.

You should have no problem raising them, in fact you can keep the together until L3 or older, feeding every day.

My first 2 L3 WC (2005?)from Tanzania, were keep in separated container, with peatmoss as substrate, a small branch inside a 32 oz cup with mesh lid.

I keep them at about 80 during the day and 70-75 during the night.

I would spray every night only, very lightly.

Big appetites, not too fond of crickets, since they are very clumpsy, they don't go down to hunt too much. They love house flies and moths or a cricket if you hand feed them.

They were two males so I could not do anything with them.

My second attemp in 2006, was from a WC ooth that came from Stephan grobe, it hatched about 100 nymphs, I was able to raise some and gave away the rest to other people.

Unfortunatelly I could not kept them going.

So I know Yen will be the man to keep I diabolicum going for some time.

regards

Ftorres

Thanks GUys.

FT, I am keeping them at high temp. right now at 95F during the day and 75F during the night. They seems to do fine and i only have one casualty during moulting (not dead yet, still being rescued). I only mist them after switching off the heat lamp at night. Here are some crappy pics taken recently. Lets hope luck is on my side here as i was told this batch from Arusha, Tanzania has yet to breed well in captivity.

L2group3.jpg

L2group1.jpg

Latest posts