hatching is finished

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

massaman

Reaction score
how long after a substantial hatching of a ooth should one hold on to it to see if any more would hatch out as two of mine had given me like fifty or so nymphs and a few days passed and like 1 or 2 more came out and should i keep the ooths for a little more time or should i expect nothing more out of them and discard them and go on to the next ooth waiting to hatch!Also after the first ooth that hatched would the next few ooths laid by the same female have descent hatches or should they be less then the first!

What Kat said. Some can hatch over a long period of time while others like tenodera all hatch at once. All species can have a stragler or two.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://mantidforum.net/forums/index.php?sh...=13607&st=0

@ Yen: the first two species all are Creobroter elongatus. Cr. pictipennis is also in stock, but looks different (green pronotum). Cr. gemmatus is smaller and probably not in stock at moment.
There are barely distinguishable. That's the problem. Maybe the Thailand ones are really gemmatus, I don't know (although elongatus are also from Thailand). I just hope to get enough specimens that I have a large series one day. Maybe this could help clean this genus up a bit. Without seeing the type specimens it's almost not possible to draw any conclusions anyway.
:lol: :lol: Ok, let's sum it up: the following morphs are actually in stock

C. elongatus, C. "nebulosa": differences as shown by Yen.

C. pictipennis: hindwings more like "nebulosa", pronotum more slender and always green, wings longer.

C. "gemmatus": smaller than elongatus, similar in appearance, but forecoxae of nymphs not red as in elongatus. Brown pronotum, but overall more "green" than elongatus. Species identity not confirmed so far.

The confusion arises from the fact that Creobroter is confusing. There is no aid at all if hobbyists start to name them by themselves. That's why there are elongatus stocks wrongly named "pictipennis", not talking about the gemmatus/elongatus problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts