Hello from Sunny California

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GabrielJ

Reaction score
Hello, this summer I caught my first mantis crawling up my leg while I was watering the lawn.

Ive had her for about a week, and she's molted once.

I didn't know mantids were such cool pets. Watching them eat is really a sight.

Anyway, thanks for allowing me into your forum I look forward to learning from all of you.

1002093_10200254993034037_2105358889_n.jpg

My mantis. "Bender"

So she molted yesterday. Getting a lot bigger. Ive been wondering how to identify her for sure. I counted the things on the bottom and figured out its a she. But that is about as far as I know.

Show us a pic in the other section to post and we can help. What are u keeping it in? They need a taller container and some twigs, not a lot but so they can move around. Maybe use the nymph section to post it. oh, welcome aboard

I've been gone for awhile, but I'd like to welcome you to Mantid Forum! I'm in Arizona. I've been around for about a year. I started out with Iris Oratorias and now have 4 different species. They are a lot of fun and are very interesting creatures that God has created. I get lots of enjoyment from them and hope you do too! Be careful with what you feed her and she should give you her full life expectancy. They don't live long, but give you a lot during their time!

Welcome once again!

Latest posts