Hello :)

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slytle90

Reaction score
Hello everyone. My name is Sierra and I live in Sacramento, CA. I love all kinds of insects (just not ants) and love to study them as well. I currently have 1 praying mantis (that I just caught the other day) but plan on getting a few more online. As for pets, I also have 1 bearded dragon, 3 tarantulas, 1 frog and a cat.

Usually I catch bugs, take pics of them, study them and then let them go but I do keep some for the remainder of their life. Black widows are one of my favorite spiders to own as a pet, I think they are beautiful.

I am very passionate about photography and love taking pictures of insects and other animals, so you can plan on me posting lots of photos in the "photography" forum here.

I look forward to being an active member on this site and thank you all in advance for any questions that you may answer for me. If you want to know anything else just let me know :)

Sierra

Tammy I just saw some of your pictures. You take great photos! What camera do you use?
Sierra, nowadays I'm using a Canon 1D Mark IV and the Canon 5D Mark II. But I used prosumer grade Canon cameras in past that were nice, too. There are some great insect macro photographers on this site. Be sure to check out Precarious and Giesle to start with.

Those are both great cameras. I only have the canon rebel xt right now which a lot of people say is ######, but I like it for now. Eventually I will get a nicer one but until then, this one will have to work.

Thank you, I will have to go check them out. I love looking at photos, and macro is one of my favorite types of photography.

Hi Sierra, I live in citrus Heights :)
Very cool, that's not too far from me. I'm technically in Elk Grove but it's still considered sac. I checked out your tattoo work on facebook and you do nice work. I want to get some more tattoos soon.

Hey Sierra!

My name is Alex, I love Black Widows as pets!! I have none currently but when I did they were just awesome! Kinda scary at first but they do start to grow on you.

There is a high population of Brown Widdows here in Southern California! They are also really cool. You should check them out!!!

Btw, is your hair color in your profile pic your natural hair color? I know, random question

Hey Sierra!

My name is Alex, I love Black Widows as pets!! I have none currently but when I did they were just awesome! Kinda scary at first but they do start to grow on you.

There is a high population of Brown Widdows here in Southern California! They are also really cool. You should check them out!!!

Btw, is your hair color in your profile pic your natural hair color? I know, random question
I have never owned a brown widow but I should check that out. I was looking for praying mantis egg sacs today and came across a black widow. I ran upstairs to my apartment to grab a jar and when I went back it wasn't there :( I was only up there for a minute or two. And no, that is not my natural hair color...I dye my hair a lot because I get bored with it if it's the same color for too long, which is also the reason I now have bangs (horrible idea) lol.

Latest posts