Hey! - From the USAF Academy

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Montana

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I've mainly been lurking in these forums for a while now, but I think it's about time I officially joined the crowd!

I'm currently a sophomore cadet (age 20) at the US Air Force Academy near Colorado Springs. Although we technically can't have pets , I figured a few mantids couldn't hurt. :) Already have the plants, now looking for mantids. A mantis can always brighten my day!

I've raised Chinese mantids in the past so I'm not completely new to this, but now I'm looking to get into the more "exotic" ones (starting with a few ghosts, hopefully!). Flower mantids would be nice too, so feel free to let me know if you have a few extra to unload!

Just placed an order on Mantisplace.com, so I'll be back into this hobby real soon!

Keep on buggin' on,

-Montana

What mantid did you pick? Both or just the ghost at first? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got one ghost on order for sure (but I also took advantage of the "New Forum Supporter Offer", so mystery awaits!)... I'm still looking for more mantids though. :) I'd consider anything that's not too difficult but I'm hoping to find a decent number of nymphs to raise (preferably ghost, flower, or other smaller mantids).

Welcome! I would recommend sphodramantis or a hierodula as the are large aggressive, and are fun to watch chase their prey.

Got my first few ghosts in the mail today! A big thanks to Rebecca - everything was packed very well and the flies and ghosts all made it here quickly and happily.

Welcome to the forum Montana! I love your name btw :) I hope you enjoy your new addiction ;)
Cheers,
Andrew
Thanks! I'll definitely enjoy it. :turned: And Montana is actually my middle name!

Welcome, are you planning on taking a mantis 5 miles high with you one day. :ph34r:
Welcome to the forum. Aim High.
Will do! So many insects to raise and study and... launch 5 miles high in a model rocket as an insect cosmonaut... :shifty: We can all dream, right?

Welcome! First off I'd like to say that I admire your profile picture!!!!! Unicorns are awesome!
What you did there... Thank you! I agree! Unicorns are awesome - especially unicorn mantids, huh? :)

Welcome! I would recommend sphodramantis or a hierodula as the are large aggressive, and are fun to watch chase their prey.
Welcome from Kentucky!

Get a big one they're more fun!
I'm definitely thinking about that now! I do love the really ornate and unusual mantids, but large and aggressive ones are fun to watch too! They all have their distinct individual personalities.

Latest posts