Hi everyone!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schlafa

Reaction score
Hello!

We were recently delighted by the arrival of our lovely Baby Queenie, a wonderful and tiny L3 Ghost Mantis! She is curious and adventurous, and a joy to watch.

In order to provide the perfect care she deserves and share our own experience, we decided to join this remarkable community of fellow mantis enthusiasts, in the hope to learn and possibly contribute.

Here's a picture of her minute self:

photo (2).JPG

Hello "we" and Queenie, and welcome to the forum
welcome7.gif

Lovely Ghost. I have two and they are awesome. ;)

Apologies folks, I forgot to sign..."we" are Quinn and Sam from Southern California, thank you for welcoming us!

Ghost mantises are really fascinating and mesmerizing creatures, but being little Queenie the very first mantis we adopted, we are absolutely terrified by the prospect of failing to take proper care of her. As a matter of fact we already encountered an issue (mold), which I'm going to address in a new thread under "enclosures and housing". Generally, we are going to consult Orin McMonigle's book, which we ordered, and of course any advice you guys can give us would be greatly appreciated :)

Etiquette question: is it OK to post the same thread under two distinct sections?

For instance, I just started a thread with regard to a mold situation under "Enclosures and Housing". However, being mold a hygienic issue that could affect a mantis' health (my main concern, obviously), I am wondering whether I should start the same thread under "Health".

Is that permitted? Would that make any difference at all?

Hello and welcome. I'm new here as well and after much procrastination, vacillating, and indecision now have two ghosts of my very own.

Apologies folks, I forgot to sign..."we" are Quinn and Sam from Southern California, thank you for welcoming us!

Ghost mantises are really fascinating and mesmerizing creatures, but being little Queenie the very first mantis we adopted, we are absolutely terrified by the prospect of failing to take proper care of her. As a matter of fact we already encountered an issue (mold), which I'm going to address in a new thread under "enclosures and housing". Generally, we are going to consult Orin McMonigle's book, which we ordered, and of course any advice you guys can give us would be greatly appreciated :)
Greetings to you Quinn and Sam
wave1.gif

Mistakes happen to everyone, and even if you got everything right, accidents or things out of your control can happen. Just remember it is suppose to be fun as Denise (Dmina) says. Enjoy your new pet and hobby, and just do the best you can.

Any book by Orin is a step in the right direction and will get you the knowledge you need quickly.

Etiquette question: is it OK to post the same thread under two distinct sections?

For instance, I just started a thread with regard to a mold situation under "Enclosures and Housing". However, being mold a hygienic issue that could affect a mantis' health (my main concern, obviously), I am wondering whether I should start the same thread under "Health".

Is that permitted? Would that make any difference at all?
Nope, one thread per topic. Just choose the section that best fits your topic, and if needed a admin will move it to the correct place. After all we all read new topics no matter their location on the forum. ;)

Sound like you are on the right track... You found us...

Can't wait to hear more from you... Ghosts are one of my favorites.. and they are very forgiving... Welcome

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

Queenie here tells me to say "Hi!" *wiggle* *wiggle*

Latest posts