Hi, I'm Rob from NB canada

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NB Rob

Reaction score
hello,

My name is Rob.  I started with a Sinesis ooth a few months ago, and I've been really enjoying the ride.
I come from about 10 years of reef aquarium obsession (thankfully behind me),   As it turns out, Mantids are now checking all the boxes for the fascination that used to come with the hobby.

I currently have 5 Chinese mantids.  and I received 3 Ghosts today, which I'm thrilled about!!    I'm learning more and more every day.

When I started searching for mantis info, this private forum did not appear in any searches.  So I wound up in places like arachno forums and reddit to find shreds of info here and there.
When I finally signed up for this forum--- WOW.  It turns out that this is where the relevant information lives.

Recently I have also joined Mantis Keepers on facebook-- again-- WOW.  It turns out there's a huge community of mantis keepers on the web, but it's all private from google searches.
Anyway, I'm very pleased to be here.  My first post resulted in making a fantastic connection here in Canada for food and exotic mantis species.  I am grateful for all the knowledgeable folks.

Hope to see you guys around.

-Rob

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the same experience - I couldn't find a reliable source of mantid information, it turns out not many people write books about mantis care. So glad you finally found this forum!

Hello NB Rob,

lovely intro, you’ve  captured all of my sentiments.  Also a reefer and desiring exotic  mantids from whence did you get the ghosts from?!? I’m in Alberta 

Hello NB Rob,

lovely intro, you’ve  captured all of my sentiments.  Also a reefer and desiring exotic  mantids from whence did you get the ghosts from?!? I’m in Alberta 

</quote>

Hi Atsumoa Mantis, welcome!

the Ghosts are from Mantislab Canada, in Ajax Ontario.  I believe he has more Ghosts available.  I'm going to be checking out what's available when I get home from a fishing trip soon.  I was floored that there's a solid community of mantis keepers in Canada!  Mantislab has some very cool species.  So far the ghosts have really captured my attention.  

you can message them on facebook, or the owner hysteresis can be found here being very helpful.
Shipping from Mantislab was outstanding, and as a reefkeeper, I know this means a lot to you. :D

regards,

-Rob

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts