Holland Lops

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew

Reaction score
Just received mated female of this species from contact in Holland. She's really fat, so I'm hoping for an ooth in the next day or two. :p

Bunbun.jpg

I'll keep you updated!

She's adorable!! I love bunnies. Do you let her run around the house?
We've got two mini dachsunds that think they're great danes, so we don't. Its my sisters bunny, and so it never leaves her room(thats not to say it doesn't hop around her room).

What we've done is go to our breeder(who we've known for 10+ years) and she told us that we could take a pregnant bunny home, raise the babies to six weeks, keep one of the babies and take the rest back. The first bunny we took home was bred but apparantly wasn't successful(30+ days and no babies), so we took her back and now we have this one. Tomorrow is her due date. XD

The breeder named her bigfoot, because apparantly she had really big feet as a baby. Or something like that. Maybe its just cause shes big.

I think bunny litters range from 1-6 with 2-4 as the usual number.

Well, according to the breeder she's due sometime tonight/early morning.

Down to the final countdown here...hopefully I can show you all pictures of babies tomorrow!

Edit- Got home from school today and found not only baby mantids, but baby bunnies too!

IMG_2762.jpg

There are at least two so far, but they look pretty big. She was really fat/heavy so we're hoping for more. I didn't want to bother her too much (not to mention my sister and mom would kill me if I messed around with them too much), otherwise I would have a better picture.

Got home from school today and found not only baby mantids, but baby bunnies too! There are at least two so far, but they look pretty big. She was really fat/heavy so we're hoping for more.
Congrats on the mantids and bunnies! I hope you get more.

I know that they open their eyes at around 10 days. Im not sure about the coat though. I'm not exactly the expert. <.<;

I just take the pictures, lol. And I hope to continue to until they're six weeks old.

Thanks for all the comments guys.

Here's Day 6. I wasn't expecting to update for another day or so, but they grow so quick!

Bunniesday6.jpg

Bunniesday6_3.jpg

Bunniesday6_2.jpg