Home Depot Home Made Enclosures

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BTW, I had a number of aluminum cages custom built by www.theveiledchameleon.com (Steve, I think). I was really happy with them. No time to or skill to build my own (sadly).

Also to help attach the screen material there is a mullion strip made for wooden screen doors it is < than a 1/4" if you don't have pneumatic tools an electric brad nailer will work just fine!anyhoo looks great!!

Ghostie, I really like those dude. Also I think its the satisfaction of making something yourself and seeing it put to good use. Really interesting article (which has kept me entertained whilst on a train to work in London ) :) Nice one!

BTW, I had a number of aluminum cages custom built by www.theveiledchameleon.com (Steve, I think). I was really happy with them. No time to or skill to build my own (sadly).
The plumbing part is probably a reducer coupling which is for the purpose of downsizing from the larger diameter pipe to the smaller by slipping inside of the pipe and glued in both cases. The black pipe used for drains is ABS and the white, is usually PVC. I suppose that could work to receive funnel and the whole thing could be attached to metal screen with Hot glue or to very tightly stretched fiberglass screen the same way. There are also plugs which could be used instead which have a threaded insert to close it off.

Just to give them a nicer aesthectic looking quality you could take pre-manufactured wood trim(Door?) and penny nail gun it to the frame. Besides that these are really cool, nice too see someone really getting into all aspects of keeping mantids. Thanks for sharing this wonderful post. :)

Latest posts