Homebrew Crew

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so it was pretty dry, and Im quite the inpatient person.... so this is how it looks... I sure hope its fertile..

IMG_0540.jpg

and this is where I placed it. should be good here, its already very warm and humid in my closet.

IMG_0554.jpg

and heres my little monkeys, I love the way they act, very hyper little mantids :)

IMG_0543.jpg

Good for incubation but trust me you're going to want a little bigger container and a lot more excelsior come hatch time. Congrats! I'd wager it's fertile, my wild caught girl laid at least 2 fertile oothecae. :)

Hows that UTH working out on the plastic btw? The 'glass only!' all over the instructions freaked me out and I'm not using mine yet.

haha yea I know, I was planning on getting a bunch of insect cups with the paper tops, keep all the little ones separate. I really hope i get some babies haha

As for the under tank heater, I took it out from underneath, i was starting to warp the bottom of the container. it was getting too hot for the plastic. so Im going to be putting it on a vivarium im building.

Nice. You can get the cups with lids at LLL reptile so you don't have to pay for shipping. And dart frogs don't need heaters. Save it for a different vivarium

even though my mantids probably wont ever be going in here.... I still would like to share this with you guys....

My new Vivarium... I've been building for about a week now... leme know what you think!

IMG_0579.jpg

So I was looking for my mantid in her free range, and I caught her in the act! haha laying an ooth... :) the other one hasnt hatched yet, but im not going to give up yet.

IMG_0586.jpg

IMG_0587.jpg

Thanks bud! It's my first "pro" vivarium build. I spent a good amount of time on it, didn't expect it to turn out like it did. I plan to build more here in the near future.

Latest posts