Housing for an L3 Sphodromantis viridis

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Camden

Reaction score
Sorry if I'm getting annoying to anyone as I'm a member of nearly every invert. forum I could find (hehe)

But I'm ready for a mantis, as they're my favorite invert. I'm going with Sphodromantis viridis (Giant african).

I'm unsure as to how to house a L3 viridis nymph, as they are a larger species. Can anyone help? Thanks. Camden.

Wow, that was really quick, thanks! So 32 oz deli cup with the whole insect cloth, mesh siding shabang? Or how should i "dress up" or decorate the deli cup?

I keep it simple with just a stick. I don't use anything as a substrate. I cut a round hole in the lid and hot glue screen over it for easy misting.

Awesome, what about a feeding port? Sorry I'm kinda cloudy on the enclosure deal with mantids, the rest I know..somewhat lol

Awesome, thanks patrick, and just so I don't have to start a new thread, would you recommend Sphodromantis viridis or Hierodula multispina?

I prefer and recommend the Sphodromantis viridis. In my experience the viridis is more docile where as the multispina can be pretty spazzy. I currently keep the viridis.

Linoelas are great too. I have housed my male in a 32 his whole life. Female gets a 80oz tub. Just be wary when the molt, may need to move them to a mesh cube for room.

Latest posts