Housing Ghost mantises together.

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_American

Reaction score
Would it be a good idea to house 4 ghost mantis nymphs together? I got a pretty big enclosure right now and want to move them into it. Will they cannibalise eachother? If I can house them together what sould I keep in mind? The nymphs are L2-L4.

There shouldn't be any problems. Right now I have six L4s in a twenty gallon aquarium with lots of plants and such. Ghosts are fairly communal anyway. Entomo-logic has like fifteen or twenty L2s and L3s in the same cage. He also has three adult females in a small cage. Just go ahead and put them together. They'll be just fine.

Ghost Mantises are quite communal meaning they are usually tolerant of eachother, BUT.. you should keep them well fed or they might just munch on eachother. I learned the hard way.... I am down to 1 ghost mantis. lol :lol: Also with any species the risk for cannabilism is high so I would use your own judgement on this species.

Ghost Mantises are quite communal meaning they are usually tolerant of eachother, BUT.. you should keep them well fed or they might just munch on eachother. I learned the hard way.... I am down to 1 ghost mantis. lol :lol: Also with any species the risk for cannabilism is high so I would use your own judgement on this species.
I'll secnod that. Your choice, but if you put them together keep them well fed.

Also, if you ever start to run short on food separate the ghosts until you can keep them fat and happy. Down to three from six :eek:

Latest posts