How I make fruit fly medium!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thread is very very useful. The honey tip is fantastic!! Thanks Bro!

You are welcome! 8)

The Egyptians used honey for their wounds, They found out that if they used honey, That infection would not set in.... Hmm..

This thread is very very useful. The honey tip is fantastic!! Thanks Bro!

Great! :) You should see tiny maggots all over the container soon... How did you find putting everything together?

Right, i've made the medium and put a couple of flys in so i will update on any success :D

Thank you! :) I love pictorial posts, It helps a lot when you have the pictures in your mind. ;) Let me know how it works for you?

Mikhail, thanks so much for this pictorial post! This really seems a foolproof and refined way of growing MASSIVE amounts of fruit flies. I am following your recipe now!

Yes & I have found that when it's time to clean, All you have to do is rinse the 32 oz container under warm water & the container cleans up nicely. :)

Very easy and plus it doesnt stink like most mediums :p

Great! :) You should see tiny maggots all over the container soon... How did you find putting everything together?
Right, i've made the medium and put a couple of flys in so i will update on any success :D
Very easy and plus it doesnt stink like most mediums :p
Never had one stink. If it stink you're doing it wrong. I buy the big bag of commercially made stuff from www.carolina.com

how many filter paper do you use in each culture?

thanks

I really like the instructional post you did. Very Pro. I have the ff culture from the stores, but you still have to add the yeast and water, so whats the point, the only extra to making it yourself is the honey or sugar and vinegar. That's why I rather make my own, I never run out and have to order and pay shipping, I just set it up and make it. I really did not save any time by trying to use the commercial mix. But as I always say, DSFDF!

Latest posts