How to catch a Wile Mantis

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love bug hunting, I always find something cool. Mantid hunting, on the other hand, is starting to discourage me.

I love bug hunting, I always find something cool. Mantid hunting, on the other hand, is starting to discourage me.
Mantid hunting is rather hard. It was discussed in a thread way back, but like some people on this forum, you need to develop the "eyes" for them.

before I actually got into the hobby, I spent a good amount of time looking in canyons/brush and what not... No luck -

Although I've heard SoCal is a good place to look. (my friends have found a few adult brown type guys) and recently a baby little green dude.

He jumped out of my hands and was lost for a full night, until I found him in the kitchen sink ( a good 20 feet away) drowned in a drop of water.

I went manitd hunting this morning and within minutes, I found this ootheca. It was a few feet away from where I found my St. carolina nymph, which is now adult. I am glad that I found the ooth, but I was looking for a female for my male. He tried to mount my finger yesterday, :eek: I feel so bad for him. I searched the area for 2 hours and found no mantids. :angry: The ooth still felt kind of tacky to me, but I was sweating profusely.

Latest posts