Humidity in the desert.

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Litleape

Reaction score
So I am obviously just starting out and I am trying to create a perfect, comfortable environment for my manties. :D I live in New Mexico and there is virtually no humidity here. The son is very hot but everything is dry, dry, dry. I have a couple terrariums but most of them will be kept separate in their own little jars.

First: How can I know if they are getting enough humidity both inside the jars and the terrariums?

Second: Is there something you can use to measure the humidity levels in their environment to keep them where they need to be?

I'll keep this simple and sweet. I am sure I will have more questions in the future. Thanks in advance for all your help!

You need a substrate in the bottom of the enclosures. Many like to use folded paper towels as they're easy to change out when soiled. Some like to use spahgnum moss. Whichever you choose mist daily and keep it slightly damp. When misting also mist the sides of the enclosure a bit as mantids drink water droplets. You can buy a small guage to monitor the humidity but I find there is no need for one. If you mist and have a substrate like I mentioned you will be fine.

Latest posts