Hysteresis' Mantis Stream - 2019

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They have solid heat. 2 40s and a 72.

The idea was to keep the mendicas and gongys super warm, and that the truncatas and orchids could take that heat. But the 40s will fizzle out by morning. Ive never noticed how gradually 72s fizzle. I e read they ramp up to a peak in around 20h, then sustain for some, and then they expire.

We'll have the box with a warm 72 in there, which may eve be okay for the orchids, but the mendicas and gongys....

72 should be fine for the orchids, but the Blephs and Gongys will need more heat. 

- MantisGirl13

72 should be fine for the orchids, but the Blephs and Gongys will need more heat. 

- MantisGirl13
There's the rub. The 40s should be toast by now. Package is on the truck for home delivery. My wife is at home waiting and will put them as is straight under the IR emitters. It'll take me 15 minutes to get there and have a look.

I dont know what to expect.

Hopefully the truncatas are fine too. 😔

Awe man can wait to see them! 

Good to hear that everyone survived the trip.👍 Have fun with rehoming them and we will wait for the pics.

Here we are. :D

Just one photo of each species. I was so busy, I forgot to denote the gender when snapping the pics. I have them marked anyways, and at these instars it's not hard to tell.

Deroplatys truncata L4

20190130_223332.jpg

Hymenopus coronatus L4

20190130_224355.jpg

Gongylus gongylodes L5

20190130_233221.jpg

Blepharopsis mendica L4

20190130_222357.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I lost a Mio a little while ago to the 'no molt' thing.  I was beginning to fear i'd lose a spiny too!

Well lookie here!  👏😊

Pseudocreobotra wahlbergi L3

20190131_022744.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yay! I am so glad everybody arrived safe and sound! Congrats on the molt too! 

- MantisGirl13