Hysteresis' Mantis Stream - 2019

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another ghost molted to L3! 

But still no molt for Mio #3 Susannah.

Her belly is flat. Not eating. 

I think im gonna lose her. 😔

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I only had two molts today and another casualty. 

Terrible :(  

spiny flower Mantises are very delicate. 

Well I only had two molts today and another casualty. 

Terrible :(  

spiny flower Mantises are very delicate. 
Sorry man.

My spinys act like they're gonna molt soon. Hopefully they're all in good health.

The effect of too much humidity and not enough ventilation sets on and often isn't apparent until it's too late. And even as you correct the situation, the effects of remedy may not be visible immediately. I gathered that from a certain expert's book.

I guess the system demonstrates hysteresis. 🤣

I guess so, well they will be better cared for moving forward. As for your Spinys Do keep me posted!

Look at her colours. With and without flash. Man, she changed!

My prize mantis, Noel. Adult H. venosa.  (eating a wax worm)

20190122_211211.jpg

20190122_211216.jpg

As for your Spinys Do keep me posted!
Well, we'll see how it goes.  Every one of my spinys and ghosts have plump bellies. 

Last night, I took a good survey of where they are with their feeding.

Ghost will continue to molt. It's on! And, by how the spinys are swatting away food, I expect molts are imminent.

👎🙃

GM. Just woke to find a spiny has molted. So it begins.

Amazing how they can get those fat spiky bums out of their exuviae.

Congrats on the molts! I am so sorry you lost Susannah. :(  

- MantisGirl13
I feel fancy. 2 ghost molts, a mio molt, and a spiny molt. Same 24 hr observation period.

Well, the writing had been up on the wall for a while now, with Susannah. Mantises have to molt.

A funny aside. The names of my mios and rhombos are drawn from The Dark Tower series.

Eddie and Jake die, Susannah lives. Its the other way around with these mios.

C'est la vie!

I feel fancy. 2 ghost molts, a mio molt, and a spiny molt. Same 24 hr observation period.

Well, the writing had been up on the wall for a while now, with Susannah. Mantises have to molt.

A funny aside. The names of my mios and rhombos are drawn from The Dark Tower series.

Eddie and Jake die, Susannah lives. Its the other way around with these mios.

C'est la vie!
Lol ;)  

- MantisGirl13

Sorry, you lost Susannah. :(

Gratz on the molts

Noël looks beautiful. I hope Soraya will look like Noël when she grows up❤️
Thank you. :)

Here she is again. i wonder if Roland even noticed who was upstairs? That's a dubia and NOT Roland in her grasp.

20190125_002805.jpg

Here's a random spiny eating a cricket. I LOOoOoOVE their lil' spiny butts! Cant remember if it's my L4 or L3. Probably the L4.

20190123_235809.jpg

So cute! I love spinys. I just lost my subadult male today :(  He got himself stuck between a flower and the wall in his cage (how?!?) and I didn't realize it until he had struggled himself dead.

- MantisGirl13

So cute! I love spinys. I just lost my subadult male today :(  He got himself stuck between a flower and the wall in his cage (how?!?) and I didn't realize it until he had struggled himself dead.

- MantisGirl13
Oh geeze, that is a shame! I'm sorry for you! That is something I've considered before. I used wooden dowels for a while, but i used to modify them to lock into suction cups so I could secure them away from bin walls and such. But even a plastic flower? Or was it real?

Either way, that's a shame!

So sorry! 😔