I Found a Green MantidFly!!!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmsgameboy

Reaction score
I found a Green Mantisfly at work last night. Has anyone kept these before? How long do they live? I think it would be cool to keep but I may just get rid of it.

They are pretty cool, i hadn't even heard of them till about a month ago when i saw a picture of one in a book.

Now if it were me, i would keep it for about a week, take plenty of pictures, gut load it with food and then give it to a mantis haha, but hey, thats just me :p

Last edited by a moderator:
They are pretty cool, i hadn't even heard of them till about a month ago when i saw a picture of one in a book.

Now if it were me, i would keep it for about a week, take plenty of pictures, gut load it with food and then give it to a mantis haha, but hey, thats just me :p
yes and they were terribly difficult to keep for me, they died randomly and did not eat. Not the same species though......

Mine ate just fine, but didn't live long. The life cycle is probably not feasible for many hobbyists, but I'd love to hear that somebody accomplished a captive generation of them some day!

My cousin is keeping a mantidfly right now. He's had it for a couple weeks and it's doing well.

I've never heard of a mantidfly before today. I just looked up some pics and wow! I hope to see one someday.

Latest posts