i have an L2 twig nymph with only 3 legs

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Starving Always

Reaction score
what should i do? he looks pretty weak. not skinny at all, but not active as much. it looks like it just wants to sleep forever. i also gave it water and food, but refused it. so i thought it was going to get ready to molt. so i misted his container and put him in my bathroom for extra humidity. an hour passed, and nothing happened. any tips? 

Last edited by a moderator:
1456052420708-1443027383.jpg

14560523826311627746740.jpg

It has three other functioning hind legs, so it will have no problem molting. It should be able to molt and regenerate the missing leg little by little assuming there's still at least a coxa, the first segment of leg, remaining. Don't worry about it and treat it as you would a nymph with all its legs.

I have an L2 Chinese that just molted a couple days ago. 3 rear legs as well. I've looked around a bit and it seems like as long as they're eating and can hang from the top of the enclosure, it has a chance to regrow that limb in a future molt and it has a decent likelihood of having successful future molts. 

I'm glad that your mantis was just hungry. :)

Latest posts