I lost my male Ghost mantis :(

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoolMantid

Reaction score
So I was trying to mate my mantids and once the female was set I was about to put my male down behind her but he flew off my hand. I cant find him and I have been looking for an hour. I left 2 of my shutters open so he will fly there when the morning sun first shines. (I think males are attracted to light???)

I am really worried and any help would be great!!! Please help....

Another thing you can try with the light is if you turn off all the lights at night set up a flashlight pointing up the wall on one side. Also keep your girl in there. Since they haven't mated hopefully he will be drawn back in. I would block off the cracks under the door to make sure you keep him contained to the room.

Ghosts are tough because they love to play hide and seek. I hope you are able to find him.

Usually I take a flashlight looking everywhere I can, careful where I step, and call the mantis's name. Some may laugh at the last part, but using this method I have found every mantis that has slipped off when I wasn't look. :batman:

Try look for the darkest spots! Sometimes its hard to spot a dark ghost mantid in the dark spots!

May finding a mantid force be with you.

Good luck, check all the nooks and crannies and he is bound to show up eventually, hopefully alive.

I cleaned my room 2 days ago.

Tara- If I dont find him soon enough I will purchase a male, so that you will gets some nymphs or ooths.

I will check again after school. I checked the area that he flew in to but I cant find him so he must have moved.

I have al whole bunch a daddy long legs and webs in all the nooks and crannies.

So far I found a dead escapee cricket and a black widow who died immediatly after me finding her :(

call ghost busters?

ive never lost a mantis yet, so all i can say is good luck and i hope you find him soon :D

My room is 60% on a dry day 70% on a rainy day (It is raining as I speak). My room has the same problem. They workers said they couldnt vent it because my room is not "attached to the house" I have no air conditioning or heating in my room...

Anywhoo. I know ghost are VERY good flyers, so I hope he flies out of his little hidding spot and goes somewhere I can see him

My room is 60% on a dry day 70% on a rainy day (It is raining as I speak). My room has the same problem. They workers said they couldnt vent it because my room is not "attached to the house" I have no air conditioning or heating in my room...

Anywhoo. I know ghost are VERY good flyers, so I hope he flies out of his little hidding spot and goes somewhere I can see him
lucky!! my room is cold almost for that exact reason

i wish i could move myself and my mantis collection to your house and have them dwell in your hot, humid room :tt2:

then we could share my blephs and turn the house upside down in search of the ghosty B)

I would love that!!!! and you could come and pick up the moth eggs instead of me shipping them!!!!!

Well my room seperatly is 90F where the heat lamps are and 78 F (Exactly) on the other end of the room. But hot and humid entices fugal spores to grow.

You could see how clean my room is now from me searching for my ghostie :( ( Can you see the sarcasm? :tt2: )

Last edited by a moderator:
I would love that!!!! and you could come and pick up the moth eggs instead of me shipping them!!!!!

Well my room seperatly is 90F where the heat lamps are and 78 F (Exactly) on the other end of the room. But hot and humid entices fugal spores to grow.

You could see how clean my room is now from me searching for my ghostie :( ( Can you see the sarcasm? :tt2: )
and i could give u luna moths

and the heat would help mine mate better :D

i hope u sent the moths out by now :)

Latest posts