I think you're freaky and I like you a lot...

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Catchy with a bizzare, macabe twist. I like it.

But I wanna hear it develop and open up. Maybe I've been listening to too much Skrillex.

What did i just watch?
Crazy South African band Die Antwoord is releasing a new CD. That's the trailer. A clip from on upcoming music video.

Me likey... :tt1:

Sounds like the reincarnation of Lords of Acid. Looks like a little slice of heaven. :lol:

Yeah, Sunny brought some tracks back from LA This is rap, so it won't really "open up". I guess that "die Antwoord " means "the answer" in Afrikaans, but I'm not sure what the question is.. Their stuff is is not just "crazy" but refreshingly filthy. A translation of “Jou Ma Se Poes In ‘N Fishpaste Jar” might be worth a point or two if anyone knew what it meant. :D

But this toppie, he likey too,Henry! Thanks for the clip!

Last edited by a moderator:
Many thanks to all you mantiseers who saw that I mistakenly described this as rap and were too kind to correct me. Sunny was less forgiving and pointed out that the song is "classical"(her word) industrial and I have to stand corrected.

In an attempt to regain my status, I asked her what she knew about "shoegazing", aware that it was briefly popular before she was born and never, I think became popular in the US. Amazingly, she knew MBV's "You made me realize". What a kid! :D

That was so crazy. I want to get one and put in a terrarium and feed it hearts.
Dude, if you get them to breed I wants some!

Many thanks to all you mantiseers who saw that I mistakenly described this as rap and were too kind to correct me. Sunny was less forgiving and pointed out that the song is "classical"(her word) industrial and I have to stand corrected.

In an attempt to regain my status, I asked her what she knew about "shoegazing", aware that it was briefly popular before she was born and never, I think became popular in the US. Amazingly, she knew MBV's "You made me realize". What a kid! :D
Technically it would be considered techno/rap but they are hard to categorize. Industrial kind of in the sense that early Meat Beat Manifesto was lumped in with industrial. But this particular track is very early techno - à la Lords of Acid. Of course Ninja raps in every track in his off-beat Africanis way.

I've gotta say I love these guys. They are hilarious and filthy and completely unafraid to do their own thing. You can't take them seriously so don't try. That's the beauty of Die Antwoord. And they relentlessly make reference to movies and other artist in the lyrics.

As proof of their bravery, they told Interscope to to F off last year when they didn't like part of one of their tracks. They broke the contract and started their own label. What Interscope (and really very few) understand is the offending lyrics were a direct quote from a Mike Tyson rant! :lol:

Not much I can post here due to language and content, but you know how to do a search, right?

@Henry: Always happy to learn from an expert!

I guess that I should point out a technical error in the video, though. When the horned gentleman's heart is torn out, it is clearly a human-type (mammalian) heart, but it is beating at a steady rate which suggests normal sinus rhythm. In fact, the heart would have immediately gone into ventricular fibrillation, which has been described as looking like "a bag of worms". Well that's what has always happened to the human hearts that I have eaten! :D

@Henry: Always happy to earn from an expert!

I guess that I should point out a technical error in the video, though. When the horned gentleman's heart is torn out, it is clearly a human-type (mammalian) heart, but it is beating at a steady rate which suggests normal sinus rhythm. In fact, the heart would have immediately gone into ventricular fibrillation, which has been described as looking like "a bag of worms". Well that's what has always happened to the human hearts that I have eaten! :D
Interesting observation. I'm usually so caught up in the moment I never really took notice. Next time I'll keep my head be a better observer.

That was warped.

Ah, but Phil, when was the last time you tore out a demon heart?

Demon? Did you say demon? How can he be a demon when he's wearing a skirt made from the US flag? No, he's an American horned gentleman, and his heart is as big as all outdoors (well, it was).

Glad you mentioned the flag, though. It shows for less than a second, I think, but it changes a bit of grisly fun into a political statement if that's what you're into.