I thought I would share some pictures of my other babies :)

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice menagerie, I've had tarantulas as well, but that venezualan sun tiger is a new one to me. It's a handsome spider though. Your beardie looks sweet. You may wish you had bred her at some point, otherwise I'd suggest just leaving her queen of her castle. My male gets a little randy a few times each day, then I suppose he decides it's too late in the season for a clutch of eggs. Still I feel sorry for my female, I should move her to my other cage.

Jason

Nice menagerie, I've had tarantulas as well, but that venezualan sun tiger is a new one to me. It's a handsome spider though. Your beardie looks sweet. You may wish you had bred her at some point, otherwise I'd suggest just leaving her queen of her castle. My male gets a little randy a few times each day, then I suppose he decides it's too late in the season for a clutch of eggs. Still I feel sorry for my female, I should move her to my other cage.

Jason
Everyone says I should have bred her but I was always too afraid to. She's also pretty aggressive towards other dragons (but the sweetest thing in the world to humans) .... I once had her housed with a male (osiris) and she literally ate him. The one time when I was seriously considering breeding her (my old roomates had a really pretty dark red male), she tried attacking theirs. Twice though she has laid eggs that weren't fertile. The last time she did that was a little over a month ago and she laid 16 I think.

Why is the frog in the 2nd frog pic so fat? Is it pregnant?
It's a white's tree frog....that is how they look. I would love to breed her though :)

cool collection of spiders. my other non-mantid pets are just my two dogs, a miniature bull terrier and my gf's Westie that we rescued:

Vegas:

vegass.jpg

Vegas & Denver:

vegasanddenver.jpg

Latest posts