Identify?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Omen414

Reaction score
Well there must be a problem. Im trying to upload an image so you guys can identify my mantis and make sure Im correct but of the 500k image space 426.07k is used up by....nothing...so i cant upload the image unless i make it really really small and thats no good...so I dont know what to do.

Host it on another website such as photobucket and copy the img code.

Manti.jpg

Looks like a female Parasphendale agrionina (Budwing) to me also, Omen. :) The lighter colored "underbelly" and upturned abdomen are two features that really say "Budwing!" to me, lol. In your first pic you can barely see the orange banding on the raptorial forelegs also. Looks like she might have 2 more molts to adult? In your second pic, I almost think I see the "budwings" (no pun intended!)... but not really in the other two. So maybe next molt she'll get her budwings, and the one after that... true wings (even if they are short and cute!). This species female is so pretty! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
meeerr im so confuuusseddd! this was maybe L4 to L5 I think hes on L6 now....maybe...not sure I lost count at L2

Looks like Asian giant mantis (Hierodula sp. maybe membranacea) nymph to me.
This is what I was thinking.

That's not an L6, maybe L3 or 4.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts