Idolo Gal!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

idologrl

Reaction score
My Instar 8 Idolo gal. She's my baby! I have 7 more some younger.. I have a male who will be molting about the same time she does so hopefully there will be nymphs!~

_DSC0008.JPG

Beautiful. Bet you cant wait for that final molt! They're very cool, especially after the last molt. I got two, L5 male and L7 female :)

rsz_idolo.jpg

Here is my other Idologrl Ripley..She's not as big even tho she's the same instar as the pic above but she's so beautiful. Just molted two days ago...Hoping to get several of them bred..

_DSC0014.JPG

Beautiful. Bet you cant wait for that final molt! They're very cool, especially after the last molt. I got two, L5 male and L7 female :)
Nope but it will be a nail biter for sure! Might have to take the day off from work just to make sure all goes well!

Awesome! Those are some great shots.

I'd love to be able to raise this species. I've been sent sick ones, both times. The first time I was sent 2, one was puking when I got it and died shortly after. The other died a week later (which was most likely my fault, considering it'd been a week). The second time, I bought 5, but only 1 survived the trip and was puking and died a couple days later. It's very disappointing considering how much I want to raise this species. It is officially my favorite species. It's big, beautiful, color, and has such an original design. I'm eager to get some healthy ones and be able to have more of a chance raising them, I've gotten a lot of advice from Idolo breeders, and I think I'd be quite successful. I'd love to be able to bring more into the hobby and sell them at a cheaper price than most so even those who don't have as much cash can enjoy them. It'd help to keep the species going, the more people were to own them, and have the chance to breed them.

I really can't imagine being happier, than if I had successfully raised an Idolo to adulthood. heck, just to be able to have an adult in my hand, even if I hadn't raised him/her, would be a great pleasure for me. Lol.

Thats because people are only out for themselves, straight greedyness... Makes me puke in my mouth. There's no excuse as to why a single bug should be priced so outrageously, let alone ooths going for 90+ dollars.

not everyone else is so eager to help out the community, our peers, or the hobby. only in it to try and make a quick buck.

just wait bro, we've Already spoke on this topic... Come here real soon all of us "not so wealthy" will even be able to own the outlandishly priced idolo's.

Thats because people are only out for themselves, straight greedyness... Makes me puke in my mouth. There's no excuse as to why a single bug should be priced so outrageously, let alone ooths going for 90+ dollars.

not everyone else is so eager to help out the community, our peers, or the hobby. only in it to try and make a quick buck.

just wait bro, we've Already spoke on this topic... Come here real soon all of us "not so wealthy" will even be able to own the outlandishly priced idolo's.
I know, its crazy! Its definitely greed.

i spent $60 for those 5 idolos only for them all to die. He said if i paid shipping hed send me four more for the ones that died during shipment but i turned him down because the odds of any of those four surviving was slim, considering thats how many died the first time... I didnt want to lose even more money.

Yes soon enough we will own them! mark my words, once ive successfully bred them, ill be generous with the nymphs