Idolomantis diabolica habitat?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PrayingMantisPets

Reaction score
I am getting some idolomantis diabolica nymphs and im a little nervous about the set up.

Here Is what i have so far.

I cant upload the images :( The files are too large. anyways i sued plastic screening almost around the whole cup and have one small sponge glued near the top. On the lid i put a fabric netting on the whole lid. i hot glued some rubber shelf lining on top of the fabric. I also hot glued three sponge squares on top of ht lid as well.

I found some sticks out side and put them in boiling water. the sticks are almost as thick as a toothpick.

Make sure the temp isn't to hot with the lamp being that close..How many nymphs are you getting?

Im getting two nymphs L1-L2. The lamp has a controlled dimmer so i can change the temperature.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im getting two nymphs L1-L2. The lamp has a controlled dimmer so i cant change the temperature.
Then just make sure the temp is not to hot and if it is move it back some. Don't wanna cook those beauties. I am so happy for you! You're going to love them

Once they get a little bigger you can use modified fish breeders. Good ventilation but keeps the food in their enclosure..Worked great for me. I still use them for the smaller species of mantis I have. You're gonna be addicted to having them after this. lol

I use a huge exo terra viv for mine due to the size that the mantises get after L5 and up. I use deli cups till L3

Once they get a little bigger you can use modified fish breeders. Good ventilation but keeps the food in their enclosure..Worked great for me. I still use them for the smaller species of mantis I have. You're gonna be addicted to having them after this. lol

Latest posts