idolomantis flapping its wings

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

macro junkie

Dead Leaf Mantis
Reaction score
isnt it so cool when u put the adult male on your hand and he leans back a bit and starts flapping his wings at 100mph..there moving so fast its like my personal hand fan..lol..feels so weird..its flapping its wings and im looking at it thinking "man am i lucky to have these..they got to be the best mantid ever"

i think i remember someone saying its because there warming up there wing muscles.?

2360052095_cb9f39484c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
isnt it so cool when u put the adult male on your hand and he leans back a bit and starts flapping his wings at 100mph..there moving so fast its like my personal hand fan..lol..feels so weird..its flapping its wings and im looking at it thinking "man am i lucky to have these..they got to be the best mantid ever" i think i remember someone saying its because there warming up there wing muscles.?

2360052095_cb9f39484c.jpg
think so. my #9 mantis used to do that, must be what that family of mantis does before taking off. so does it fly around your room. :p

think so. my #9 mantis used to do that, must be what that family of mantis does before taking off. so does it fly around your room. :p
.it did once or twice..but because i know he flapps his wings for a good 1 min before he takes off..so after about 30 seconds i put my hand on front of him and he stoped and walked on my hand..hes a good flyer..but shite at landing..lol..i dont want him to hert him self cause im hoping he last long enough for my sub adult female so iv been stoping him flying..once a day at about 9pm hes all hypo around the cage..so i like to take him out when hes like that..then he does his flapping routine,then i put him back..and hes mellow again.. :lol:

.it did once or twice..but because i know he flapps his wings for a good 1 min before he takes off..so after about 30 seconds i put my hand on front of him and he stoped and walked on my hand..hes a good flyer..but shite at landing..lol..i dont want him to hert him self cause im hoping he last long enough for my sub adult female so iv been stoping him flying..once a day at about 9pm hes all hypo around the cage..so i like to take him out when hes like that..then he does his flapping routine,then i put him back..and hes mellow again.. :lol:
yeh be careful as their claws are pretty delicate and easily lose the ability to grip [ thats why mine died]. might stop him behaving normally with the female. i should try to discourage him from moving about as much as possible just in case. hope he lives long enough to sire a new brood of baby devils.

yeh be careful as their claws are pretty delicate and easily lose the ability to grip [ thats why mine died]. might stop him behaving normally with the female. i should try to discourage him from moving about as much as possible just in case. hope he lives long enough to sire a new brood of baby devils.
i just bought 15 x L1 devil nympths..I love this species so much

macrojunkie scott, this is one of your best photo, it's amazing!!! (you're probably bored of the compliments)

^LOL.

love.gif
Really, that is an awesome picture. It has become one of my favorites. Great job! Do you have a link to a bigger version? I would love to use it for my PC's wallpaper!!!

thanks guys..

chun - i always look forward to peoples opinions on my pics good or bad.. :)

^LOL.
love.gif
Really, that is an awesome picture. It has become one of my favorites. Great job! Do you have a link to a bigger version? I would love to use it for my PC's wallpaper!!!
i stoped loading up full size pics now to many people steal them wityh out asking hense why iv started putting my name on the pics..biggest one i have is 900x600..here the link :) http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2313/236005...3b7b63e62_o.jpg

i hope that i can grow mine up to that size (the ones i kept), mine would be pure luck if they do, thats why im please macrojunkie got the rest, better chance of survival

i hope that i can grow mine up to that size (the ones i kept), mine would be pure luck if they do, thats why im please macrojunkie got the rest, better chance of survival
i hope your do as well..there amazing.really amazing! :) There king of the mantids!

2363751352_1b4ab2208a_o.jpg

Latest posts