indian ornimental

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dakota

Reaction score
hi are these good for beginer specease cause they are beautiful. for some oddd reason i think i asked this b4 exept i can find the post so i dunnnnno wether i did or not

Definitely NOT a beginner's species or Genus! They are very very quick and have potent venom (but won't kill you). I would suggest a more "relaxed" new world species such as any of the Brachypelma, Aphonopelma, or Grammostola. I would also recommend you start with an adult specimen so you can get a feel for how tarantulas react to things. Before buying (I am assuming your first) tarantula, be sure to buy a book on how to care for them. "The Tarantula Keeper's Guide" by Schultz and Schultz is a real good one.

yeah, I agree... kinda jumpy... same thing with cobalt blues and greenbottle blues... which is a shame- they're by far the most gorgeous species (in my opinion). I personally like B.vagans (redrump) and b.smithi - (red-knee) - but the redknee can get a bit pricey. Redrump is the best in my opinion

lol Don't get that for your first T. Infact i know people who have kept Ts for years and still don't have the courage to buy 1. I have some (well not "Indian" ones) and I almost lost them all trying to get them in their new homes because they just jump and run so fast!

basicly all the pretty lookin ones are no good for beginners?
I think almost all T's look very nice in their own unique way. But yes, the conventionally more attractive T's tend to be bad choices for beginners. Except maybe Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens the "Green-bottle blue" tarantula, very colorful and very easy to care for, not recommended for handling though because they are a bit jumpy and nervous for the most part.

Latest posts