Insect magnifier advice

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Koshmar

Reaction score
Me and my friend were geeking it out last night and looking at insects under a portable scope with a light source when I had an idea. We use microscopes in lab with camera attachments, there's gotta be a portable scope out there for insects that can take pics right? Can you guys point me in the right direction/ suggest scopes and share what you use. Portable and nonportable. Her birthday is comming up and I thought It'd be a really cool gift. Thanks guys!

Have you tried looking at Bioquip? Do a search for scopes at:

www.bioquip.com

I use a Magiscope. It comes with 40X magnification that can be increased to 100X with the optional eye and objective pieces. It doesn't have camera capability, but also does not require bulbs, mirrors, or wires. Very solid for use in the field.

Thanks for the suggestion. What I was looking for was a handheld illuminated measuring scope. I looked up some sites and found this:

http://www.coleparmer.com/catalog/product_index.asp?cls=57381

I really like the lenscope handheld magnifier and the hastings measuring magnifier. They're a little pricey (the one she has now was like $14.00 at a brookstone store or something. I mean, how much of a difference would these ones make? Higher quality? I have no background on scopes so I just don't know....

Latest posts