ja-da-bait

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eight working days and still nothing. After two emails I finally got a response from them saying that my package had apparantly been "mis-routed", but gave no hint as to when I might receive it.

sigh.gif

Okay, so I ordered on Saturday. Today, I sent an inquiry asking for a tracking number. They have responded.....

Your order was shipped by 1st class mail on Monday May 12th. There is no tracking #The package was shipped to address goes here
I must say, that reply was faster than I expected. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry to hear you guys are having such bad luck with these guys. :(

Thanks again

Mikhail

Okay. My friend received the maggots yesterday. It took USPS the whole week to ship, which I didn't expect. She said a few (like 5) have pupated, which is pretty good. I haven't seen them myself yet so I can't really say too much more.

Maybe they should have an option where people can choose Priority Mail, especially in the summer. A tracking number is definitely desirable since these are living creatures that can take the whole week to ship.

So, Andrew? Any news?

Oh dear. Andrew, maybe you should tell them. They'll probably have to send you a new batch because the food won't be larvae anymore. In fact, you might even have a thousand flies buzzing around in the ziplock bag.

Sorry to hear this guy's. It looks like I'm the only one with luck with JA-DA-BAIT. I got my shipment the same week? :huh: The flies that hatched out of the pupae are nice sized and take longer than blue bottles to hatch, But worth the wait.

Thanks again

Mikhail

I made several orders from them. One time, the shipment came with almost every larvae dead. I emailed them and they quickly sent a replacement without further questions. Another time I ordered, it arrived with far less than 1000 with most of them dead and stinky. They sent a replacement and it came in superior condition.

They suggested that I should buy from a closer source because it takes too long to ship to CA. I asked if I can give them a shipping label in the future and they told me not to order again. I don't know if they blacklisted me or all of California. :(

I made several orders from them. One time, the shipment came with almost every larvae dead. I emailed them and they quickly sent a replacement without further questions. Another time I ordered, it arrived with far less than 1000 with most of them dead and stinky. They sent a replacement and it came in superior condition.They suggested that I should buy from a closer source because it takes too long to ship to CA. I asked if I can give them a shipping label in the future and they told me not to order again. I don't know if they blacklisted me or all of California. :(
I received a few orders at the end of last summer/fall with either all, or most of the maggots DOA's. They would give me replacements, but I just go with Rebecca now. The maggots are always fine, I get extras, and I can trade for them. :D (and oddly, I can get her pupae to last 3-4 weeks in the fridge with no ill effects! :blink: )

I decided to give these guys another shot as I couldn't resist their crazy cheap prices plus free shipping!!! :blink:

I just go my order today, 3 days after ordering! I ordered 2,000 maggots and they look great, only a few have pupated which is to be expected. I noticed that they bumped up how they shipped form first class to priority, this is probably why nothing died this time. I will order from them next time, considering that 2,000 maggots only cost me $24 vs. $36 from Grubco. :) In addition, last time I ordered from Grubco, the maggots were in very moist sawdust which stank to the high heavens. The maggots I got today from ja-da-bait hardly stink at all. :D

I decided to give these guys another shot as I couldn't resist their crazy cheap prices plus free shipping!!! :blink: I just go my order today, 3 days after ordering! I ordered 2,000 maggots and they look great, only a few have pupated which is to be expected. I noticed that they bumped up how they shipped form first class to priority, this is probably why nothing died this time. I will order from them next time, considering that 2,000 maggots only cost me $24 vs. $36 from Grubco. :) In addition, last time I ordered from Grubco, the maggots were in very moist sawdust which stank to the high heavens. The maggots I got today from ja-da-bait hardly stink at all. :D
I get 2k from Grubco for $27. Is it the shipping that is causing you to pay $36? Seems like it would cost about the same.

Just placed my first order with them. Checkout was quick and the free shipping is what attracted me most. Will update this thread once I receive the spikes. Not sure what kind of fly their spikes are so that may be a concern for some buyers.

Just placed my first order with them. Checkout was quick and the free shipping is what attracted me most. Will update this thread once I receive the spikes. Not sure what kind of fly their spikes are so that may be a concern for some buyers.
They are bluebottle. ;)

They are bluebottle. ;)
Thanks.

Received the package. Took three days, which is pretty fast. These are great looking spikes. Very lively. Package was sent first class and none of the spikes were dead. Will order from again.

Gave these guys a shot and I'm very happy with my orders maggots are very lively and already have a few batches pupating.

Update to my last post. Doubt I will ever order from again. The spikes have a very low eclose rate. The first batch I allowed to pupate had about a 75% eclose rate and none have since eclosed.

Ordered from them again. Fast shipping!! Very pleased with the hatch rates (near 100%) and the flies are a different species, a little larger. They do take a few days longer to hatch, but I'm willing to wait because there is a noticeable size difference from regular bluebottles.

Will buy from them again!