Just Got Back From Italy

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

obregon562

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Well, for the last 2 weeks me and my family of 22 were in Italy. It was a trip of a life time, and i even found a ooth (which started hatching in my suitcase, and all the little babies got out, alerted the USDA, and were promptley send through the death-ray/x-ray :( )! I was fresh, relaxed, and overall happy.

It didn't last.

When i got home, all of my mantids were starving and very sickly! The person i was hoping would at least give them water apparently didn't! Lots died, and when i was done all i had left were an adult female Tarachodes sp. and an adult female Rhombodera sp. The tarachodes started contorting her abdomen in a wierd shape, and ended up dying this morning.

I called the person who didn't do anything, and she said she did feed them-HAMBURGER MEAT AND SODA!!! I was amazed they even took non-moving ######!!!

So, yeah, im not happy at the moment. For the people i was trading with, i am sorry, but i cant do much right now. *sigh*

the only good news is that all the euros (european currency) i have are worth a TON more than when i got them, so i have extra mantid money! Bitter-sweet though...

So, thanks for reading. Sorry if it seems self-centered. UGH im pissed!

Frankie

Last edited by a moderator:
ow that sucks... when i was lil, my dad had some fishes. the neighour said he would feed them... and he didn,t. when we were home al fishies lay dead

:(

what kint of ooth did you found?

how did it look?

was it big?

were you found it?

One of the unfortunate results of keeping insects. Few know how to keep them, and you can't take them with you. Sorry about all the deaths!

..didnt you tell them to feed them crickets or frute flys and mist with water or was the HAMBURGER MEAT AND SODA a joke? why would any one be dumb enough to feed them soda?sounds like the person you left in charge was 6 years old.

Last edited by a moderator:
I told them explicitly (big word! :p ) to put three fly pupae in each container every day and to just dump fruit flies in the smaller mantids cage when they feel, or every three days.

they still haven't told me why they put all that ###### in there...

We went to Hawaii in april and the person I left in charge of all my animals did not do a very good job either even though I left detailed instructions.

...or out all the dead bugs in her mail box... :angry:
I'd put somthing worse in her mail box.. something steamy, and smel... well you get the idea,

maybe pyrotechniks.

I would post more questions but I'm finding the answers all over the forum. So thanks to evreone on the forums for asking good questions and of course providing concise answers.

I would make that person buy you a bunch of knew mantids! What an outrage! :( :( <_< :angry: :angry: How old was that person, like 5? Had that person ever even seen a mantid on TV?CRAZY!!!!!!!! :wacko: :blink: :wacko:

Order about 3000 House fly pupae and put them in her mailbox or house. That would be nuts. MEAT AND SODA. Its almost as like she took them to mcdonalds. Im so sorry to hear about them. PM me I might be able to give you some ghost mantids.

Sorry to hear about what happened. I guess you can't really trust people with bugs. They probably think, "Oh, they're just bugs. You can get some more outside any time." I can't believe that person fed hamburger and soda without ice cream. I mean, didn't she think that mantises need ice cream floats?