Just saying

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am not sure I like facebook, it seems to take away from the forum, i know theres a lot of good going on there, meeting new people and such, but I myself have a hard time spending time here and there and still keeping up with all my work. What do u guys think? Remember I said I am not sure it's all a good thing, only because those of us who work have a hard time keeping up with both, I don't seem to be here much anymore in real time.

I know from other forums that i have been member of during my time in the reptile hobby, that the social medias like Facebook have basically killed the forum life, i like Facebook and the like dont get me wrong, but i do see a negative effect from it when it comes to forums, wich is sad, i miss how active the forums was before there was Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc etc, this forum and Arachnoboards are far from "dead" compared to alot others (wich is a really nice thing).

Facebook is for the masses, for the followers and mindless fools. Complete hamsters... They got all the facebook users right where they want them.

I'm sorry for those whom do not agree, but I enjoy what small amount of privacy and freedom I've got left.

The Facebook page is not intended to replace the forum in any way. The forum and the FB page are really for different purposes.

If you don't like the FB page you don't have to visit it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally only use facebook to get in touch with family that lives to far to visit regularly.Im on this forum at least once a day if not many more,along with dendroboards,and Terraforums even tho Ive been neglecting the last one lately.I enjoy the forums a lot more than a facebook page,but again personal opinion.I feel there is a lot more info and knowledge on the forums that's already there to read.Facebook I feel you would have to ask each of the questions you have individually and wait for a response instead of reading thru the forums to find the info you want.Just my thoughts on it,nothing against facebook.

Facebook is a pain, I've used it before. I'd rather just e-mail someone if I wanna talk to them. It's more private and is easier.

Facebook is for the masses, for the followers and mindless fools. Complete hamsters... They got all the facebook users right where they want them.

I'm sorry for those whom do not agree, but I enjoy what small amount of privacy and freedom I've got left.
Oh yeah, privacy on facebook doesnt exist, anybody in the world could find you, as long as they knew your name, its pretty disturbing lol. I cant seem to find out how to delete my account (probably a trick... They dont want you to delete it), so i just changed my name.

Oh yeah, privacy on facebook doesnt exist, anybody in the world could find you, as long as they knew your name, its pretty disturbing lol. I cant seem to find out how to delete my account (probably a trick... They dont want you to delete it), so i just changed my name.
FACT:

You cannot delete your facebook page after creation. The only alternative is "disable account..." Which still stores ALL of your personal information (first and last name, phone numbers, address, and anything else people are moronic enough to put on there.)

Personally I find that in itself disturbing... They DO NOT want you off of the site, the site itself is ran by government and DEA. They're watching all of you. :)

DO not be a sucker and buy into that site, all you're doing is stripping away your own rights as an "American".

Ive seen NO OTHER SITE that WILL NOT allow you to kill your accounts and all information stored there.

FACT:

You cannot delete your facebook page after creation. The only alternative is "disable account..." Which still stores ALL of your personal information (first and last name, phone numbers, address, and anything else people are moronic enough to put on there.)

Personally I find that in itself disturbing... They DO NOT want you off of the site, the site itself is ran by government and DEA. They're watching all of you. :)

DO not be a sucker and buy into that site, all you're doing is stripping away your own rights as an "American".

Ive seen NO OTHER SITE that WILL NOT allow you to kill your accounts and all information stored there.
I didnt put my address at least or any phone number lol, and my name is changed, so i think i am safe now! i think... Lol. That is disturbing indeed, that they wont allow you to delete your account, like damn. I had no idea it was ran by the government and DEA, thats creepy! land of the free, thats total lies.

The Facebook page is not intended to replace the forum in any way. The forum and the FB page are really for different purposes.

If you don't like the FB page you don't have to visit it.
This wasn't about the mantidforum page, just facebook itself. Drawing crowds of people to it, like the twilight zone!

It was bought out by a brother/sister company that's ran by government officials some years back (before facebook hit mainstream, I was actually apart of it...) Sadly after the masses struck, facebook went completely downhill (just like "MYSPACE...") and I removed myself from the site after seeing articles upon articles of the buyout.

I don't know if you've noticed, but now most or all new cell phones (smartphones) come with facebook preinstalled? On my windows phone you can't even uninstall it?... Red flag??

Or how about everytime you log into the site "Facebook" its GPS tracks your exact location AND store it too?...

This wasn't about the mantidforum page, just facebook itself. Drawing crowds of people to it, like the twilight zone!
The way this was worded it sounded like you were referring to the mantidforum FB page since you said "it seems to take away from the forum."

As far as Facebook goes there are a lot of positives to it as well. If you use it to look at funny pictures of cats, yes it is a waste of time. I use it for networking in my field and receiving news and information related to such. It can be a great tool too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am one of the head admins of a very awesome mantis community on facebook, we have over 2,100 members and are still gaining more, plus putting photos of mantids on there is way easier than going through all that url nonsense.

Latest posts